Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

207 Pages«<107108109110111>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JonTK  
#1081 Posted : Friday, December 3, 2010 4:15:12 PM(UTC)
JonTK

Groups: Registered

I have a GE model # GTS22KBPBRCC it's about 3 yrs old. Freezer works, fridge is warm. Frost build up on the back of the freezer. Turning the fridge to max temp brings it back up to the normal temp, but obviously we have a problem. There is no defrost timer when I searched for parts.

What do I do next?

Thanks
jpr11  
#1082 Posted : Tuesday, December 28, 2010 9:54:26 AM(UTC)
jpr11

Hello folks,
I'm dealing with the same defrost issues.
In a nut shell:
Defrost heater replaced about a year ago, followed by defrost thermostat about six months ago.
Then back in the middle of October the main board was replaced .(compressor relay terminals burned)
Now facing the defrost issue again. This is getting old, at least now I can just put the food out the side door. :rolleyes:
Anyhow, I am seeing 27.7 ohms across J9 and pin 9 on J7.
Is this new board toast? (GE WR55X10942) I bought it locally and don't want to go barking about it if some other problem exists.
I'm guessing not, but are the thermistors possible culprits?
Thanks for all your efforts here, terrific site!
juanrodman  
#1083 Posted : Friday, December 31, 2010 12:33:24 PM(UTC)
juanrodman

Might sound crazy but my similar problems (with a GE PSI23NCPA) were caused by a bad light switch that was allowing the light (lots of it) to stay on when the refrigerator door was closed.
TOSK  
#1084 Posted : Monday, January 3, 2011 3:39:18 AM(UTC)
TOSK

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
You did check the old parts. The question is: how the refrigerator is working after you replaced the defrost thermostat and timer?

Gene.

Happy Holidays to all

So I finally had time to tackle the fridge last week. I had already changed the defrost timer, therm and heater bar. Turns out I still did not have any power to the heater bar. Took a close look (little hard to get in there) at the defrost timer which gets inserted into a 4 prong plug in the wiring harness. One of the wires from the harness that goes into the plug had popped out. I pushed it back in and now I have power to the heater bar :D

[FONT=&quot]Thanks for your help. [/FONT]
ceke586  
#1085 Posted : Friday, January 7, 2011 3:14:37 AM(UTC)
ceke586

I am working on an amana model #36795 and about two weeks now the open door light has been on. Now the fridge part is warm and the freezer has ice inside on the coil. I checked the compressor and it is working fine as well as the condensor fan. There is no ice in the rear of the unit. I turned the temp on the freezer down overnight to try and thaw it but it did not thaw. I unpluged it this morning to thaw. I replaced the control damper and it seemed to open a little further than before, however the close door light is still on and the vacation light dont work at al. I ordered the control board yesterday. Do you think i'm on the right track?
UserPostedImage
maydogan  
#1086 Posted : Monday, January 10, 2011 10:02:48 AM(UTC)
maydogan

Hi Gene,

I have a Roper refigrator model# is RT14BKXSQ00. Freezer is cold but the refigrator is warm and the fan in the freezer doesn't turn at all. I was thinking replacing the defrost timer and the motor.

Am I on the right track ? Should i try something else before i start replacing the parts?

Thank You,

Matt
micoder  
#1087 Posted : Monday, January 10, 2011 1:25:18 PM(UTC)
micoder

Originally Posted by: maydogan Go to Quoted Post
Hi Gene,

I have a Roper refigrator model# is RT14BKXSQ00. Freezer is cold but the refigrator is warm and the fan in the freezer doesn't turn at all. I was thinking replacing the defrost timer and the motor.

Am I on the right track ? Should i try something else before i start replacing the parts?

Thank You,

Matt

I had this problem a couple of years ago. I went to this group and found that it was likely one of three things. The timer, freezer heater thermostat, or freezer heater element.

I bought all three because they were not terribly expensive as opposed to a new refrigerator. I put in the new timer which was very easy. No joy. I then replaced the freezer heater thermostat. This was more difficult because I had to removed the back of the freezer compartment to find it. It was then easy to replace. This fixed the problem. I now have a spare heating element hanging in my basement.

The price of this was reasonable compared to a new fridge. This forum basically bailed me out of buying a new fridge. I am grateful

Michael
maydogan  
#1088 Posted : Monday, January 10, 2011 5:00:47 PM(UTC)
maydogan

Michael,

Thanks for the reply. I just opened the freezer back and put the timer on defrost and i hear the sizzling sound coming from the heater. So i guess that's fine. I think i should replace the defrost timer to see if that fixes the problem. If that doesnt work i will try the freezer heater thermostat.

Thanks again,

Matt
Gene  
#1089 Posted : Monday, January 10, 2011 6:44:07 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Matt,

In your first post you said that "...the fan in the freezer doesn't turn at all...".

If it's true then it has nothing to do with the defrost timer or other defrost parts unless the fan does not turn because of the ice around.

- The evaporator fan motor Part number: AP4364011
maydogan  
#1090 Posted : Monday, January 10, 2011 7:50:31 PM(UTC)
maydogan

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Matt,

In your first post you said that "...the fan in the freezer doesn't turn at all...".

If it's true then it has nothing to do with the defrost timer or other defrost parts unless the fan does not turn because of the ice around.

- The evaporator fan motor Part number: AP4364011

Gene,

Thank You for your reply. There is no ice around the fan or anything to block it. I will order the motor and give it s shot and will let you know the result.

Thanks again,

Matt