Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

207 Pages«<108109110111112>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
maydogan  
#1091 Posted : Thursday, January 13, 2011 5:07:59 PM(UTC)
maydogan

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: maydogan Go to Quoted Post
Gene,

Thank You for your reply. There is no ice around the fan or anything to block it. I will order the motor and give it s shot and will let you know the result.

Thanks again,

Matt

I changed the motor now it works. One thing is I'm not sure which wire goes to which connector on the new one(There are no +- signs). Please see the image below. The one on the left is old motor and red and white wires were connected the way painted on the image. (I haven't marked the ground wire but that one is easy to figure out)

The one on the right is the new motor and when i connect the wires the way it painted on the picture it blows the air in to the freezer. So my question is the way i connected the motor is it right or wrong ?

UserPostedImage
Thank You,

Matt
Gene  
#1092 Posted : Friday, January 14, 2011 2:55:34 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Matt,

This is a simple 120 VAC motor and it does not make any difference which way you connect the wires.

Gene.
maydogan  
#1093 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2011 11:29:28 AM(UTC)
maydogan

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Matt,

This is a simple 120 VAC motor and it does not make any difference which way you connect the wires.

Gene.

It is working fine right now thank you

Matt
edrake  
#1094 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2011 11:50:43 AM(UTC)
edrake

I have an Amana refrigerator (Model: ABL2227FES) and am having difficulty diagnosing the "Freezer is fine, refrigerator is too warm" issue on my refrigerator.

Gene, though your explanation in the post is fantastic from start to finish, when I attempt to find the related "parts" in the AppliancePartsPros "Search" utility, I'm not able to find the same parts to check. Specifically I cannot find the "timer", and therefore am having difficulty locating it on this model refrigerator to test. Additionally, I'm only able to find a part

Could you assist? I was able to find the "Heater, Evaporator" (part AP4076588), and the "Thermistor Kit" (part AP4009169) within the parts search, but again, couldn't locate the timer. Also, are these the correct parts based on the three step diagnosis for the defroster diagnosis steps 2 and 3?

Thanks in advance, and very glad it's winter here in New England!
Gene  
#1095 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2011 1:50:09 PM(UTC)
Gene

You are welcome Matt. I'm glad you were able to fix it.

Gene.
Gene  
#1096 Posted : Monday, January 17, 2011 8:34:28 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: edrake Go to Quoted Post
I have an Amana refrigerator (Model: ABL2227FES) and am having difficulty diagnosing the "Freezer is fine, refrigerator is too warm" issue on my refrigerator.

Gene, though your explanation in the post is fantastic from start to finish, when I attempt to find the related "parts" in the AppliancePartsPros "Search" utility, I'm not able to find the same parts to check. Specifically I cannot find the "timer", and therefore am having difficulty locating it on this model refrigerator to test. Additionally, I'm only able to find a part

Could you assist? I was able to find the "Heater, Evaporator" (part AP4076588), and the "Thermistor Kit" (part AP4009169) within the parts search, but again, couldn't locate the timer. Also, are these the correct parts based on the three step diagnosis for the defroster diagnosis steps 2 and 3?

Thanks in advance, and very glad it's winter here in New England!

There is no defrost timer in this refrigerator. The defrost cycle together with some other functions controls by the control board (#5 on the diagram).

You have to start the troubleshooting from the continuity test on the defrost thermostat and the defrost heater. I do not think the thermistor is involved in the defrost problem. If the defrost thermostat and the defrost heater are good, then replace the control board.

- The defrost thermostat Part number: AP4078076
Gene  
#1097 Posted : Monday, January 17, 2011 8:44:01 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: Theart Go to Quoted Post
...Questions: How can I test the thermostat? Is the defrost heater (and maybe thermostat) likely my only problem(s)? Did I freak out last night thinking everything was broken for no reason?...

Patrick,

The defrost heaters have been well known problem for GE refrigerators for many years. Most likely this is the only problem with your refrigerator.

- The defrost heater kit Part number: AP4355467
Gene  
#1098 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2011 11:02:57 AM(UTC)
Gene

You are welcome Patrick. Most likely the problem solved. Keep fingers crossed :)

Gene.
confusedasusual  
#1099 Posted : Wednesday, January 19, 2011 12:37:18 PM(UTC)
confusedasusual

I have a Hotpoint refigerator purchased in June of 2002. My problem is exactly as you describe here - the freezer is fine but the fridge is starting to warm. I am trying to locate the defrost timer. It looks like it might be in the top panel inside the fridge, however I don't see how to get to it. It is a model HTS18GBMBRWW.
Gene  
#1100 Posted : Wednesday, January 19, 2011 1:46:58 PM(UTC)
Gene

The defrost timer (#648 on the diagram) in your refrigerator is located inside the control housing.

Have you inspect the rear panel inside the freezer regarding the frost build up?

Gene.