Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

207 Pages«<109110111112113>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
spvega  
#1101 Posted : Wednesday, January 19, 2011 3:21:37 PM(UTC)
spvega

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
The defrost timer (#648 on the diagram) in your refrigerator is located inside the control housing.

Have you inspect the rear panel inside the freezer regarding the frost build up?

Gene.

Same problem...in Chile.
My family there has a Whirlpool 5VES3FHGRS03 and the technician said that "all is right" with the freezer, but the problem is the "Electronic Damper".
Is he talking about the Damper Control? Is so, what is the part number?
Gene  
#1102 Posted : Wednesday, January 19, 2011 5:17:53 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: spvega Go to Quoted Post
Same problem...in Chile.
My family there has a Whirlpool 5VES3FHGRS03 and the technician said that "all is right" with the freezer, but the problem is the "Electronic Damper".
Is he talking about the Damper Control? Is so, what is the part number?

It's hard to say what did he mean. There are no electronic parts in this refrigerator at all.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL 5VES3FHGRS03 REFRIGERATOR | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
spvega  
#1103 Posted : Wednesday, January 19, 2011 5:38:29 PM(UTC)
spvega

It's hard to say what did he mean. There are no electronic parts in this refrigerator at all.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL 5VES3FHGRS03 REFRIGERATOR | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.

Thank you Gene.
I looked the diagrams and found no Damper. What's the component that regulates (allows) the flow of cold air from the Freezer to the refrigerator? That would be the piece.
Gene  
#1104 Posted : Wednesday, January 19, 2011 5:58:04 PM(UTC)
Gene

There is the part called diffuser (#12 on the diagram) which controls the air flow. I could not find any pictures of this part and I can not tell you if it is 100% mechanical or it has an electric motor inside. Also the problem can be a bad FC thermostat (#5 on the diagram)

Gene.
spvega  
#1105 Posted : Thursday, January 20, 2011 7:40:31 AM(UTC)
spvega

There is the part called diffuser (#12 on the diagram) which controls the air flow. I could not find any pictures of this part and I can not tell you if it is 100% mechanical or it has an electric motor inside. Also the problem can be a bad FC thermostat (#5 on the diagram)

Gene.

Thank you Gene. We'll try to get the part (currently out of stock and AP said would take 2-4 weeks to ordern it?).
Regards
Sergio
Gene  
#1106 Posted : Thursday, January 20, 2011 12:34:36 PM(UTC)
Gene

You are welcome Sergio. Keep us posted.

Gene.
fionmay  
#1107 Posted : Saturday, January 22, 2011 11:03:29 AM(UTC)
fionmay

My issue is with a Jenn-Air side by side refrigerator, model # JCD2389DTW, about 10 years old. We first noticed the food inside the freezer starts thawing, and we have seen it before, we know it is the Adaptive Defrost Assy when we saw the frost built up on the coil at the back wall inside the freezer. We replaced the Defrost Assy and see the frost started to dissipate, but it didn’t fix the problem. Next we tied the clicking noise that we have been hearing for a couple days before the freezer issue start to realize we probably have a faulty relay, we replaced the Relay & Overload kit, 3 days after we have been hearing the clicking noise, the clicking noise stopped as soon as we plug the refrigerator back in.

It has been a day and half since we replaced the relay kit, both the evaporator (freezer) and condenser (compressor) fans are running, the compressor is warm to the touch. Both the freezer and refrigerator sides started to have improvements but some issues still persist. At the coldest setting for both freezer and refrigerator, freezer is only cold while refrigerator is only cool to the touch.

I don’t know what is next, any guidance you can provide is very much appreciated.
baha03  
#1108 Posted : Tuesday, January 25, 2011 6:00:21 AM(UTC)
baha03

I have an old hotpoint side by side in my garage. It stopped cooling a couple months ago and I am just getting to it now. When I plug it in the freezer will start cooling and will freeze water. After a day or so it no longer cools and starts blowing not so cool air. The fridge never really gets cold. I am thinking my problem is with the defrost since it seems like it freezes up and when I unplug it for awhile and let it defrost it will work again. I had my model number but it is at home. When I was looking at the diagrams I could only find the defrost thermostat I believe. I was going to follow the directions from the start but I can't locate the defrost timer.

I plugged it back in last night and it appears to still be cooling this morning. It is hard for me to tell if the fridge side is cooling. I checked the damper between the two and it appears to be clear and working. I don't have anything in the fridge or freezer so nothing is blocking anything.
Gene  
#1109 Posted : Tuesday, January 25, 2011 12:05:13 PM(UTC)
Gene

What is the temperature in the garage?

Gene.
baha03  
#1110 Posted : Tuesday, January 25, 2011 12:29:06 PM(UTC)
baha03

It is probably around 40 degrees. I live in Nebraska.