Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
teamfindley  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 28, 2024 7:48:32 PM(UTC)
teamfindley

Groups: Registered
United States

LG Fridge LMXC23746D makes ice, dispenser door opens, courtesy light comes on... but no auger so no ice comes out. Also, water dispenser does not dispense (2 separate paddles) though same light comes on when water paddle is pressed. Other than the clicks made by the switches, no other sounds.

Based on the symptoms list in the dispenser parts diagram at APP, I replaced the sub PCB board AP5604908 / EBR60388503. No change in behavior. All wiring on the control panel looks good, intact, no corrosion nor buildup I could see. Connections solid.
Any other ideas?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

WilliamM/APP Team  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 29, 2024 11:26:54 AM(UTC)
WilliamM/APP Team

Groups: Moderators, APP Team, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Teamfindley, thank you for your question. As there is no wire issue, and the dispenser power control has been replaced, the failure would be in the display board EBR72955425/AP6028878 not communicating to the dispenser power control. This would be based on the dispenser switches having continuity when pressed.

Edited by user Wednesday, May 29, 2024 11:27:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

teamfindley  
#3 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2024 10:44:19 AM(UTC)
teamfindley

United States

ah ok, thank you for that insight. I'll run down that trail.
teamfindley  
#4 Posted : Sunday, June 16, 2024 10:35:27 AM(UTC)
teamfindley

United States

OK so I replaced the display board... no change in behavior. Courtesy light comes on when asking for water (no other sounds) and the ice door opens when asking for ice (no other sounds.)

The icemaker is keeping up on making ice. I pull ice out manually every day and it continues to make ice.

Where is the solenoid that opens the tap for the water dispenser? I found the ice auger motor, which I supposed I can test, but it seems unlikely that the water solenoid and the ice auger failed simultaneously.

Thanks for any additional ideas you have.

... adding... I found the solenoids behind the water filter panel, and can see a pair sharing a single mount, blue hose for the drinking water, orange hose for the icemaker. Are these 110v?

I should add that all connectors and boards and wires are clean, no signs of water damage, no chaffing. All connections are tight and true. I disconnected and reconnected every connector I could find behind the control panel, icemaker, and water filter panels.

The only thing that caught my eye is the ice auger motor housing has evidence of ice around it. There is what I would call a water line about halfway up. Not as far up as the axle that turns the auger itself. The fridge has frozen up in twice the past 3 years and we just defrosted it manually (empty it and leave it off for a couple of days, wet-vac out the water from the drip tray underneath.) We had just defrosted it maybe a week or so before the issue of no water/ice dispensing showed up.

Edited by user Sunday, June 16, 2024 11:15:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

teamfindley  
#5 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2024 12:00:52 PM(UTC)
teamfindley

United States

I'd like to energize the water solenoid to test, but I don't want to fry it. Do we know what the voltage is?