Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gene  
#11 Posted : Friday, September 3, 2010 3:30:01 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jeffreybryer Go to Quoted Post
I have a Kitchenaid Trash compactor-in May 2009, i replaced the centrifugal motor switch (with a bit of help) and recently replaced the Upper limit switch thinking that it was the reason that the ompactor wouldn;t stop at the top of the cycle & turn off. After replacing the ULS, i've found that it just continues so-was it the ULS after all? I just checked the Solid Compact switch-when turned on-it still returns to the top position instead of remiaing inside the bucket/can & again, it does not stop cycling & makes the tamping sound until i open the toe kick & it cuts off. I've checked ohms on the switches & now i'm going to look at the actual motor while it cycles. I don't know what else to do? I wonder if the new Top Limit Switch has four (4) different settings and perhaps i moved the lever? It sounds like it does when i click it-at least two then. I tried to reset it with the top off of the trash compactor but even when i tried to click the upper / top limit switch, the ram wouldn't turn off or stop. This has been going on way too long for me & my family-i would have ben better off calling sears a long time ago-i'm just trying to save $$$-it's so tight i don't know if we'll be here next month! LMK if you can help!
THank you again:-)

Sorry we missed your post.

If it's not too late, you may want to check the momentary start switch (#14 on the diagram). If this switch is stuck closed, then the power to the motor start windings would not interrupt.

- The momentary start switch Part number: AP3180527
Part number: AP3180527

Gene.
Adam / APP Team  
#12 Posted : Friday, September 3, 2010 4:07:18 PM(UTC)
Adam / APP Team

Groups: Administrators

Originally Posted by: jeffreybryer Go to Quoted Post
I don't understand a word that the poster published & I am sure that Repair Forum would not allow this to be placed onto any of their site blogs, forums or otherwise.

Thanks jeffreybryer for making us aware of the spam. If you find more please click on the red triangle to report it.