Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gene  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, August 21, 2012 12:49:22 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi John,

Sorry for the delay.

Sounds like the problem is a bad control board. There are no any tests to prove it.

- The control board Part number: 8564547
Part number: 8564547

Gene.
johnctln  
#12 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2012 4:47:10 PM(UTC)
johnctln

Groups: Registered

Hi Gene,

After 10 days with no lights on the DW or respnse by the DW (I would press buttons everyday to see), today I pressed the Accusense button and it lit up along with another light (not sure which one) and 2 dashes in the time remaining window. I saw online you could reset it by hitting the Sani Rinse and Heated Dry buttons twice and then the cancel button as soon as I hit the Sani Rinse and Heated Dry buttons twice all the lights on the dishwasher lit up and 88 lit up in the time remaining window. The 88 then changed to d1 and then all the lights went off.(I heard a faint sound like a click when the lights went off) Now I cannot get any button to light up again. Could it be the control panel that was changed last October?

John
johnctln  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, August 29, 2012 2:52:24 PM(UTC)
johnctln

Hi Gene,

Today a friend looked at the DW. He looked at where the electrical wire from the house connects to the DW. The black wire was burnt. He stripped the wires and reconnected. We got power immediately and my wife ran a test wash. It ran for maybe 30 minutes and stopped, all lights went out again. Now no lights work again. DW is filled with water. I removed the bottom panel and looked in the box where my friend showed me the burnt wire. Nothing looked burnt. The circuit breaker was not tripped. Am I having more than one issue here? The burnt wire seems fixed. Should I change that control board you suggested or does it now sound like something else might be the problem.

John
Gene  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, August 29, 2012 3:12:54 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: johnctln Go to Quoted Post
...Should I change that control board you suggested or does it now sound like something else might be the problem...

Hi John,

I'm wandering why you are so indecisive? What do you have to loose if you will order this control board from APP to give it a try?

Gene.
johnctln  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, August 29, 2012 3:32:29 PM(UTC)
johnctln

I wanted to get it from APP but it was not in stock. The company I ended up purchasing it from says they won't take it back if it was installed (I did not realize it when I ordered it). I am hesitant to install it since seeing the short in the wires and thinking that was the problem. But I guess there had to be more than one issue. Could the short have also damaged the control board? What I am asking then is do you think it is the board at this point?
Gene  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, August 29, 2012 8:32:10 PM(UTC)
Gene

It is very possible but I can not say 100%. It's better to wait until APP will get it. Did they tell you ETA?

Gene.