Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
johnctln  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2012 6:59:27 AM(UTC)
johnctln

Groups: Registered

The dishwasher was used in the evening and all seemed fine. The clean dishes were removed the following day and my wife did not notice anything wrong. Later in the day she noticed flashing lights above the AccuSense and Start buttons as well as 2 dashes in the time remaining window. She noticed the door was not locked closed so she closed it and hit the cancel button. All the lights went off and she assumed everything was OK. The next day she went to load dishes and noticed there was a pool of clean water in the bottom. She tried to start the machine to drain the water and realized there were no lights on the panel and no response when hitting the buttons. She emptied the water by hand, closed the door and saw the number 2 appear in the time remaining window for a moment and then disappeared. There have been no lights since. We shut the circuit breaker for a minute, flipped it back on but nothing has changed. Control panel was changed last October. What could it be? Control Board?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2012 4:04:25 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Check the door switches for continuity. Make sure the door switches are properly engaged when the door is latched.

Check the thermal fuse (located on a side of the control board) for continuity.

Check for 120 VAC between the wires connected to the terminals P8 & P7 and the terminals P2-6 & P7 at the control board while the door is latched.

Post the results.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for Whirlpool GU2500XTPT1 UNDERCOUNTER DISHWASHER | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
johnctln  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2012 5:40:10 PM(UTC)
johnctln

I don't think its a power issue now. Today, my wife came home and the dishwasher was on. It was on 2 minutes remaining when she came in, the machine ran for 2 minutes and then shut off. Since nobody was in the house before my wife came home we don't know how long the dishwasher may have been running before. Now the machine responds when we press buttons. Are there any tests to try?
Gene  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2012 2:30:25 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: johnctln Go to Quoted Post
...Are there any tests to try?...

I don't see any.

Gene.
johnctln  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2012 3:17:30 PM(UTC)
johnctln

So what do I try now that there appears to be power to the dishwasher? Try to clean some dishes?
Gene  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2012 3:18:53 PM(UTC)
Gene

Just keep use it and keep an eye on it.

Gene.
johnctln  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2012 3:48:27 PM(UTC)
johnctln

Tried to run a wash, it started, filled some water at the bottom and then stopped. What do I do now.
Gene  
#8 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2012 4:19:48 PM(UTC)
Gene

Did the wash pump try to do something? Did you hear any noise?

Push the Cancel button. Would it drain?

Gene.
johnctln  
#9 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2012 6:03:06 PM(UTC)
johnctln

The machine just stopped after running for a minute or so. Heard the water filling. After it had stopped, the machine was again unresponsive so hitting the cancel button would not do anything. My wife removed the water by hand. I then shut the breaker for a few minutes and then turned it back on. I do not remember now if the lights would come on when I pressed the buttons at this time. The next day in the afternoon, my wife heard the machine turn on again. She pushed the cancel button since there were no dishes or soap in the diswasher and she was afraid the machine would shut off after a minute or so like the last time after it filled the machine with water but before it got to the drain cycle.(The water that had filled in the machine this time drained after pushing the cancel button). That's why it did not drain the other time-it shut way before the drain cycle after only being on for a minute. When I got home the machine was unresponsive again, any button I pushed no light came on. What is going on?
johnctln  
#10 Posted : Monday, August 20, 2012 4:48:46 PM(UTC)
johnctln

Gene,

Any suggestions on what to do? The dishwasher has not worked for a week now.

John