Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

21 Pages«<678910>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gene  
#71 Posted : Tuesday, January 6, 2009 7:55:15 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
This a duplicated post.

Answered here: http://forum.appliancepartspros...t-oven-stays-always.html

Gene.
lucy roberts  
#72 Posted : Saturday, February 21, 2009 10:23:08 AM(UTC)
lucy roberts

Groups: Registered

Hi,

I didn't find the fault code F9 for the model of electric slide-in I have. I can get to the cleaning part and then F9 comes up and then I have to go to the breaker and shut off to get the light to stop flashing. This has been going on for weeks and I can't seem to fix it. I think that when I had an accident in the kitchen in which I actually hit the stove that I must have done something to make this thing go crazy except now it's making me crazy!

Please help!!! It's $109.00 to have the tech come out and then whatever it costs to fix it. This is rather steep in these tough times. Can you tell me what the F9 fault is?

Thanks so much for your help!!

Lucy in Seattle
lucy roberts  
#73 Posted : Saturday, February 21, 2009 10:34:31 AM(UTC)
lucy roberts

I guess I didn't look very good and I did find the fault error. Thanks fore having this info on your site. Now I am going to see if I can get this darn thing to work!
Gene  
#74 Posted : Saturday, February 21, 2009 2:59:14 PM(UTC)
Gene

Good luck and keep us posted.

Gene.
ermechanic  
#75 Posted : Wednesday, March 4, 2009 12:37:38 PM(UTC)
ermechanic

i replaced the clock/membrane on my jenn air gas range. it has a f1 code and after replacement ,it still does, help
grappl  
#76 Posted : Thursday, March 5, 2009 10:35:26 AM(UTC)
grappl

Originally Posted by: Admin / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
When your oven is flashing an error code, it usually means something specific, for example F3 usually stands for a faulty oven sensor. To help you identify what each code means, we have put together a list of oven error codes (or fault codes, as they're called). Once you know which component has failed, simply enter your appliance model number in our part search, find and order the part, and we'll take it from there. If it says that your part is in stock, you can expect to get it in just a few days, usually within 1-2 business days.

F1 error code usually means that either the touch pad or the clock (ERC) is bad. It's simple if your model incorporates both as a single assembly - replace the clock/touch pad, problem's solved. But, when the touch pad is a separate component from the clock, how do you tell which of the two has failed, without having to replace both? Well, we have a simple test that can show you whether it's the clock (ERC) or the touch pad (membrane switch) that needs to be replaced. The test is available on the error code page right below the list of brands.

If you have additional questions, please click on the "POST NEW TOPIC" button on the previous page to post your question.

I have a JennAir (sp?) oven, JJW8530AAB and a few days ago I received a shock when resetting the timer while the oven was on. Immediately after that, the display showed an F1 (next to the time) and started beeping (no pattern could be detected. I am thinking I have to replace the touchpad, but another parts place is stating that we just need to replace the clock part that sits within the touchpad. They want $50 more for the clock part than the entire touchpad. The problem is that I cannot find the touchpad in stock anywhere and am concerned that if i just spend the $200+ on the clock piece (non-refundable) it is really not going to solve my problem. Any recommendations?
Gene  
#77 Posted : Thursday, March 5, 2009 2:15:52 PM(UTC)
Gene

ermechanic,

What is the complete model number of the range? What are the part numbers of the parts you replaced?

Gene.
Gene  
#78 Posted : Thursday, March 5, 2009 3:02:25 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: grappl Go to Quoted Post
...I received a shock when resetting the timer while the oven was on...

Did you mean an electric shock? If your answer is "Yes" then the fist thing I would do is check how the oven is grounded and, may be the whole house ground. It is very important and such test has to be done by a certified electrician.

Regarding the "F1" error code, the Service manual says that the correction is to replace the relay board (#11 on the diagram).

- The part number for the relay board is AP4095668

Here are the break down diagrams and the parts list for the Jenn Air oven Model JJW8530AAB

Gene.
P.S. You can buy any parts from Appliance Parts Pros for much less money. For example the control board for your oven is just $152.59
grappl  
#79 Posted : Friday, March 6, 2009 5:22:57 AM(UTC)
grappl

Gene: thank you for your quick reply. I just found out that my model number is JJW9530AAB. Is there a difference in the parts I have to order? I will search your site, but thought I should ask.

As far as the shock goes, I had fuzzy slippers on at the time and it is very dry in my house. I was shocking everything, including my husband and cats. An electrician did come out and check it out and we are OK on the grounding.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Gene  
#80 Posted : Friday, March 6, 2009 10:17:16 AM(UTC)
Gene

These models are pretty similar, so the part number for the relay board is the same.

I would recommend you to touch a metal faucet or a water pipe before touching any electronic device to prevent possible damage.

Gene.