Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sidfink43  
#11 Posted : Friday, August 6, 2010 4:26:39 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Cayce1

You are welcome, sounds like you did all the work and we get all the credit, all in all not bad

Good luck going forward.
Indykevin  
#12 Posted : Sunday, August 29, 2010 6:35:14 AM(UTC)
Indykevin

Groups: Registered

I'm a little puzzled. After I removed the FOUR screws, not two, to get the top off, I looked for the plastic connector with two wires. I stopped counting at 25 wires. I have no idea which of those 25+ wires are the two wires.
wiltrker  
#13 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2011 7:05:46 PM(UTC)
wiltrker

I need to replace the door switch on my washer.
I removed screws from the control panel but not sure how to get the top panel open on top of washer.
sidfink43  
#14 Posted : Monday, August 1, 2011 4:30:21 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Wiltrker

Please start a new thread, and state your model number and brand and describe your problem. Someone should be able to help you.

Thanks
Sointense  
#15 Posted : Saturday, January 21, 2012 9:18:49 PM(UTC)
Sointense

Door switch. In my case the switch broke away from the screws.
jfranklin  
#16 Posted : Sunday, February 19, 2012 6:59:30 AM(UTC)
jfranklin

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
Hi Missfixit

Real good chance it's your lid switch. Hope so, cause the repair is easy and inexpensive.

To test, you want to by-pass the lid switch. Unplug the machine (I always forget to say that) Take the two screws out where the console is screwed to the top and flip the top back. You will see a plastic connector connecting wires from the console to a a plastic connector going into the top. Disconnect this connector and insert an insulted, solid wire into the two out terminal holes on the connector coming from the console.

Plug the machine back in, turn the selector to spin and see if it spins. If it does, replace the lid switch.

Here is your part.

Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL LSQ8243HQ0 | AppliancePartsPros.com

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

This worked GREAT....I used a small, strong, wide rubber band that held the lid switch together tightly. And the machine worked perfectly afterwards. I did not order a new part but will when needed or maybe use something else down the road. Good luck everyone and thank you so much for this help!
vahanjan  
#17 Posted : Saturday, February 25, 2012 4:56:46 AM(UTC)
vahanjan

My Whirlpool Ultimate Care II will not work on spin cycle when I have clothes in. It goes through wash/rinse cycle and stops at spin cycle making humming noise until the end of the process, but timer continues to moving. If I open and close the door within couple of seconds, when humming noise just started, then it will work. When I am running &#8220;empty&#8221; works fine, if I just start spin cycle it works fine too. Checked the lid switch, nothing wrong[/font]
ejackson100  
#18 Posted : Saturday, March 3, 2012 7:20:09 PM(UTC)
ejackson100

You saved me! I just purchased a used machine today. The guy that sold it to me hooked up everything and I paid him more than my husband said I could spend, but I need to wash despartly! The guy left before I could run it through a cycle, and when I did it wouldn't rinse. You can probably imagine the panic mode I went into bc now I have paid $100 bucks more than what its worth and it won't work!!!

After reading this post, I went to check the pressure of the water and found out that he didn't turn on the cold water.

WHAT A RELIEF!!!!!

THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH for fixing my (new) used washer, making my day and saving me from most certain ridicule! This was a simple fix! :)
ejackson100  
#19 Posted : Saturday, March 3, 2012 7:28:40 PM(UTC)
ejackson100

Originally Posted by: seria Go to Quoted Post
my problem was solved by replacing the water inlet valve, which stopped working cuz of low water pressure, so u might wanna try this also

This worked GREAT! (No) or Low water pressure was the problem with my washer. The guy who installed it forgot to check. I turned the cold water pressure on and the rinse cycle worked!!!! Thanks for the advise!:) :) :)
OVRLKDBEAUTY  
#20 Posted : Friday, May 25, 2012 5:12:06 AM(UTC)
OVRLKDBEAUTY

I know this thread is old; I'm a bit desperate.....my washer will wash but when it's time for it to go into the drain then spin cycle, it just stops. No noise, buzzing, nothing. It washes then silent. I just want to be clear, still probably that switch? Thanks so much....