Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
olsenbro  
#21 Posted : Friday, August 10, 2012 8:12:00 PM(UTC)
olsenbro

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: jfranklin Go to Quoted Post
This worked GREAT....I used a small, strong, wide rubber band that held the lid switch together tightly. And the machine worked perfectly afterwards. I did not order a new part but will when needed or maybe use something else down the road. Good luck everyone and thank you so much for this help!

Great Tip JFRANKLIN! I was also able to tighten the plastic part with a few tight rubber bands. I'm not sure how long it will last, but at least my wife is able to get a few loads done!

For anyone still trying to understand how to fix the Lid Switch Assembly, here is a great step-by-step video by appliancepartspros:

Washer Lid Switch (part #3949247) - How To Replace - YouTube

Thanks everyone for the help!
apdowns  
#22 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2013 2:30:24 PM(UTC)
apdowns

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
Hi Missfixit

Real good chance it's your lid switch. Hope so, cause the repair is easy and inexpensive.

To test, you want to by-pass the lid switch. Unplug the machine (I always forget to say that) Take the two screws out where the console is screwed to the top and flip the top back. You will see a plastic connector connecting wires from the console to a a plastic connector going into the top. Disconnect this connector and insert an insulted, solid wire into the two out terminal holes on the connector coming from the console.

Plug the machine back in, turn the selector to spin and see if it spins. If it does, replace the lid switch.

Here is your part.

Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL LSQ8243HQ0 | AppliancePartsPros.com

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

I stumbled upon this post from a google search and I wanted to pass on a huge thanks - this post solved my problem - I was home alone with small children with only hours to spare before a long vacation and this happened. I fixed the lid switch (with your help) by securing the switch in the "on" position with rubber bands and medical tape (don't ask) and we all got it out of the house on time with the clean clothes packed! :) Thanks for taking the time to help people!
julio.jdg@comcast.net  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2013 11:55:05 AM(UTC)
julio.jdg@comcast.net

Originally Posted by: burgerwang Go to Quoted Post
great advice, had the same problem as missfixit and it was the switch, only it was the plastic mounting of the switch that was broke, used some good epoxy and its fixed! thanks much :)

purchased a new switch but before installing, I removed, and glued back together the old one, as it was splitting open. after installing the repaired one, as the user did above, washer is working like new. Taking the un-open lid switch back. Not so much the savings but the satisfaction of being able to do it yourself. Thanks for the help.
Ps. the Utube clip on lid switch removal was a big help.