Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

207 Pages«<115116117118119>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gene  
#1161 Posted : Monday, April 4, 2011 2:19:56 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: JohnnyPaycheck Go to Quoted Post
Hello,

I have a recurring problem with my GE Profile TBX22PRBSRWW refrigerator. Unit has door on top freezer / fresh food door bottom. There is a thru door ice/water dispenser in freezer area. Unit is approximately 10 yrs old. Over the course of several months frost will build up on the rear panel of the freezer area. There is a corresponding increase in temp in the fresh food area ( 49 degrees F this AM after being shut all night). This happened serveral months ago. I unplugged unit for 24 hrs and the problem went away until recently when it reared it's ugly head yet again.

I've seen in other posts something about turning a dial on a defrost timer. I've attempted to locate such a device but I don't see anything when I look inside the freezer or fresh food areas.

Any help in identifying the problem and possible solution would be greatly appreciated (my beer is getting warm ;) ).

Thanks,

JPC

JPC,

The defrost timer (#648 on the diagram) is located inside the control housing.

- The defrost timer Part number: AP2061721
Gene  
#1162 Posted : Monday, April 4, 2011 2:38:21 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: damappliance Go to Quoted Post
...The mother board,evap.fan with thermister were replaced 4 months ago...

I'm assuming the evaporator fan and thermistor were replaced in the freezer section. Now it looks there is a defrost problem in the fresh food compartment.

You may want to replace the thermistors in this section first. It suppose to be two of them. The first on top of the evaporator coils and the second on the side wall. They are identical.

- The thermistor Part number: AP3185407
element192  
#1163 Posted : Monday, April 4, 2011 5:17:54 PM(UTC)
element192

Groups: Registered

Hi Gene,
Any suggestions on my latest post or are you stumped?
Thanks.
Gene  
#1164 Posted : Monday, April 4, 2011 5:25:20 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: element192 Go to Quoted Post
...He opened the damper up and then disconnected it so it is open all the time to test if the refrigerator temp goes down at all...

Did you see any difference?

Gene.
element192  
#1165 Posted : Monday, April 4, 2011 10:02:49 PM(UTC)
element192

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Did you see any difference?

Gene.

Hi Gene,

No, no difference at all...
Gene  
#1166 Posted : Tuesday, April 5, 2011 11:41:15 AM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: element192 Go to Quoted Post
Hi Gene,

No, no difference at all...

Sorry, I don't have any clue at this point. Unfortunately possibilities for remote diagnosis are limited.

Gene.
element192  
#1167 Posted : Tuesday, April 5, 2011 12:04:39 PM(UTC)
element192

Sorry, I don't have any clue at this point. Unfortunately possibilities for remote diagnosis are limited.

Gene.

Bummer. I understand, thanks for your time anyway. Maybe the next repair guy can figure something out.
Gene  
#1168 Posted : Tuesday, April 5, 2011 12:11:00 PM(UTC)
Gene

You are welcome. Keep us posted. It can be useful for many other people.

Gene.
damappliance  
#1169 Posted : Tuesday, April 5, 2011 6:39:06 PM(UTC)
damappliance

I'm assuming the evaporator fan and thermistor were replaced in the freezer section. Now it looks there is a defrost problem in the fresh food compartment.

You may want to replace the thermistors in this section first. It suppose to be two of them. The first on top of the evaporator coils and the second on the side wall. They are identical.

- The thermistor Part number: AP3185407

Gene ,
Thanks for the quick reply.Yes the fan and thermistors were for the freezer side.I had ordered the fan with the thermistor attached to the harness(AP3191003)Is this thermistor part of the defrost system as well?
Still not sure if there is a second defrost heater for the fresh food section.The parts break down doesn't show the one in the freezer,is it possible that there is one in the fresh side as well?I'd love to get my hands on a full schematic to help figure whats what.But in the mean while I'll do a manual defrost to get a look at the evap.coil in the fresh food side then order up a couple of the other thermistors to test out.
Thanks
AJW
motodug  
#1170 Posted : Wednesday, April 6, 2011 6:33:29 AM(UTC)
motodug

The fridge was warm, the freezer was cold. I removed the inside back panel from the freezer and the evaporator was frozen solid in the top 50% or so. The ice was encrusting the wires and the copper line that comes out if the top. It was a couple of inches thick around the copper. I unplugged the two wire plug on the left side that I thought was the heating element. It has a red wire and a black wire. It had just over 31 ohms of resistance. It appears that it actually was one wire from the Thermodisc and one wire from the element (one red, one black) with the rest of the wiring tucked in behind the condenser with no visible plugs. I defrosted everything with a hair dryer. It is running fine now, but still don't know if the defrost works. How do I test on this model? How do I test the main board? Model is GBS22KBPAWW, S/N MF045125. It has a bottom freezer.