Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

207 Pages«<5657585960>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gene  
#571 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2009 4:29:23 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mike63 Go to Quoted Post
Brand---Maytag
Model # ---MTB2156GEW

Freezer is cold, fridge is not. There is just the smallest amount of frost on the back corner of the freezer. I preformed the first check:

4). Using a flat screwdriver, slowly turn the shaft in the middle of the defrost timer clock wise until it clicks to switch from the cooling cycle to the defrost cycle.

5). Wait about 10 to 15 minutes, open the freezer door and see if you can hear a sizzling noise. If you can, then the problem is the defrost timer which has to be replaced.

I heard no sizzling noise. I'm not sure as to how I can access the defrost heater and thermostat in order to perform the next steps.. The only access from the back of the unit is at the bottom. According to the schematic I found tucked inside the control unit panel the heater and T-stat are located near the top.

Questions:

1) Do I access from the inside of the unit?
2) If so, from the fridge or freezer?

Also I have noticed that the fan in the freezer is not running.

Questions:

1) Could this be related to the defrost failure? (That’s assuming it is a defrost failure)
2) When should the fan be on?
3) What controls the fan operation?
4) How do I diagnose?

Thank you for your anticipated response.

Mike

Mike,

You have to remove the rear panel in the freezer (#2 on the diagram) in order to access the evaporator, defrost heater and defrost thermostat.

If the evaporator is blocked with snow and ice then most likely there is a faulty defrost parts - the heater or thermostat. You have to check them for continuity.

The evaporator fan should be "on" as long as the compressor is. It controls by the temperature control.

- The defrost heater Part number: AP4070731
Part number: AP4070731

- The defrost thermostat Part number: AP4070255
Gene  
#572 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2009 4:38:39 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: mguidos Go to Quoted Post
I have the model mcbr1000w and I have the # 319NFBYY-53 HOR 4K of the part I need, but the search box don't get it. What else I can do???

What part is it?

Can you see another numbers on the part?

Gene.
mguidos  
#573 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2009 5:06:37 PM(UTC)
mguidos

Groups: Registered

No, Model # MCBR1000W
SERIAL # 041201297
PART # 319NFBYY-53 HOR 4K
THAT ALL.
mguidos  
#574 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2009 5:08:02 PM(UTC)
mguidos

No, Model # MCBR1000W
SERIAL # 041201297
THAT ALL.

IS ATTACHED TO THE COMPRESOR
Gene  
#575 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2009 5:09:08 PM(UTC)
Gene

No, Model # MCBR1000W
SERIAL # 041201297
THAT ALL.

What part is it? What is the part name?

What is wrong with the refrigerator?

Gene.
cta_pizza@hotmail.com  
#576 Posted : Friday, September 4, 2009 6:38:57 AM(UTC)
cta_pizza@hotmail.com

i have a frigidare frs26zrfw2 sids by side ...it keeps freezing up and of course the air flow stops to the other side i put 110 directly to the defrost heater and it is fine ...what next
dberg  
#577 Posted : Friday, September 4, 2009 9:56:25 AM(UTC)
dberg

Freezer set to 0 degrees, display reads 0, digital thermometer placed in freezer with external monitor reads 0. Freezer set to -5, display reads -5, digital thermometer reads -5. If fridge set 35, display reads 35, digital thermometer reads 47. Set at 38, display shows 38, digital thermometer reads 49. Food going bad at those temps. At max cool setting still can't get below 45.

When it worked fine, the bottom vegetable drawer used to freeze lettuce occassionally. Hasn't done that is a long time. Having milk in door sour way too soon so I'm not imaging a problem.

Compressor and condenser run fine, no dust on condenser coils.

I have had two repair folks out and, so far, I've replaced the following parts: main circuit board, inverter box, refrigerator thermistor, air baffle/diffuser. Still same problem. Removed evaporator cover. Looks fine, no uneven ice problem, not blocked with ice at all, just the fine layer you would expect with a properly working evaporator. Evaporator fan working fine. You can feel air flowing into fridge through diffuser.

Repair manual says the display won't show temperature differences between set and actual temps if the difference is less than 6 degrees (to account for temp changes caused by door opening/closing). But there's a difference of more than 10 degrees which isn't being reflected in the display.

Does the display board control how the evaporator fan and diffuser run or is that done by the main board which was already replaced? Why doesn't the display board show a 10-12 degree temperature difference between set and actual? When unplugged and plugged back in after a 1/2 hour, it did reflect a 20-25 degree difference, but I didn't watch to see at what point it went to display temp. Which logic board is responsible for the monitoring of set vs actual? Main circuit board or display circuit board? If the display circuit board, does the display board then send signal to main board to turn on compressor, evaporator, evaporator fan, diffuser, etc.? Just trying to figure out whether to spend another $150 to replace display board.

Any ideas on what to try now?
Mike63  
#578 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2009 8:31:34 PM(UTC)
Mike63

Gene

Just as you suspected the air duct was blocked by ice. I checked the continuity of the defrost heater and found that the circuit was open. Upon removal I could actually see where the coil was damaged. I picked up a replacement heater and installed it yesterday. I’m happy to report that the fridge and freezer appear to be working fine.

Thank you so much for your help.

Mike :D

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Mike,

You have to remove the rear panel in the freezer (#2 on the diagram) in order to access the evaporator, defrost heater and defrost thermostat.

If the evaporator is blocked with snow and ice then most likely there is a faulty defrost parts - the heater or thermostat. You have to check them for continuity.

The evaporator fan should be "on" as long as the compressor is. It controls by the temperature control.

- The defrost heater Part number: AP4070731
Part number: AP4070731

- The defrost thermostat Part number: AP4070255
tiggers  
#579 Posted : Monday, September 7, 2009 11:20:48 AM(UTC)
tiggers

Hi. Need some help troubleshooting. I have a side-by-side Maytag M/N RSD2200EAE (no ice maker). Basicly, freezer and refrigerator compartments are too warm. Problems originally started when air flow stopped. Found an iceblock in the coils, caused by a burnt out defrosting element. Replaced that and the defrost thermostat. Checked all other parts for correct continuity and function. All seemed fine for a week or two, but now the temperature in the refrigerator now hovers between 44 and 50F. Freezer by the fan is 1F, with the front around 12F. Icecream does not freeze solid (closer to soft serve)

While in the middle of the freezing cycle, I looked at the coils. Only about 1/5 of the coils at the bottom had any frost, where the refrigerant line connects to the coils. There was one tennis ball size of ice at the top, where the refrigerant feedline line passes the top of the coils on its way down to the bottom.

I'm at a lose on how to proceed (short of getting another fridge). It did have a refrigerant leak when we first got the fridge about 11 years ago. But it was fine until a few months ago. Could it be a refrigerant leak? Or something else?
wayneheather  
#580 Posted : Monday, September 7, 2009 5:24:36 PM(UTC)
wayneheather

Hi,

We have a Kenmore bottom fridge. 106.9751820. Cannot find any diagrams or anything on this site for that model.

Our issue is that the freezer operates perfectly that we can tell, yet the refrigerator is not working at all (except the light). At first things got warm, and then air stopped flowing in the fridge completely. Reading Gene's post leads us to believe that it is not the defrost (no ice build up on back panel).

Please help! Trying to not call in Sears and pay way too much money.

Again - freezer is fine, fridge not working at all.

Thanks!