Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
LVC  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 10, 2010 8:03:50 AM(UTC)
LVC

Groups: Registered

My dishwasher has no water entering. It has been washing poorly for the past few weeks (leaving detergent residue and any bit of food that wasn't completely pre-rinsed on the dishes) and then a couple days ago it just stopped washing completely.

I cut the power to the dw, took off the kickplate- and tested the solenoid for the water valve- and it's infinity (no movement on my analog tester). That means it's bad, correct? Am I safe in assuming that the issue lies there? Could there be anything else I need to test or should I just order the part and replace?

I am having problems removing the water line and drain clamp from the valve. Any tips or tricks?

Thank you so much for your help! All of you have been SO helpful... and are saving me a lot of money.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

johnobub  
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 10, 2010 11:57:52 AM(UTC)
johnobub

Groups: Registered

The most likely source of the problem is the water inlet valve.

Originally Posted by: LVC Go to Quoted Post
My dishwasher has no water entering. It has been washing poorly for the past few weeks (leaving detergent residue and any bit of food that wasn't completely pre-rinsed on the dishes) and then a couple days ago it just stopped washing completely.

I cut the power to the dw, took off the kickplate- and tested the solenoid for the water valve- and it's infinity (no movement on my analog tester). That means it's bad, correct? Am I safe in assuming that the issue lies there? Could there be anything else I need to test or should I just order the part and replace?

I am having problems removing the water line and drain clamp from the valve. Any tips or tricks?

Thank you so much for your help! All of you have been SO helpful... and are saving me a lot of money.