Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
seocom  
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 22, 2024 6:51:32 AM(UTC)
seocom

Groups: Registered
United States

New GE refrigerator (GTS16DTNKRWW), a few days old, has an intermittent problem with operation.

Open door, sometimes light comes on, sometimes not. At first I figured sticky or dirty door/light switch, BUT, when this happens, whole refrigerator goes completely off too (compressor does not run, etc.). Fix right now is smack or jiggle the housing that has the temperature control and light switch mounted in it until everything comes back on. Now I figure, the whole cooling compressor circuit for this refrigerator would not be controlled through a light duty light switch, so the problem would be some other wiring/connector within this housing area, whether a control board or sensor or whatever.

I do not want to open the housing myself, as this refrigerator is under warranty and the repair guy is coming Monday. It just would be nice to have some idea what's in this housing before hand, so the repair guy doesn't say "It's intermittent and not showing right now, so there's nothing I can do..." and it happens again 5 minutes after he leaves. (Just like it started happening a short time after the delivery guys installed it...)

So, any thoughts as to what would be enclosed in this housing?

Many thanks to all,
Stan...
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

applianceaid1  
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 22, 2024 12:21:37 PM(UTC)
applianceaid1

Groups: Senior Expert
Canada

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Hi,

Your model is too new, closest I could look at was GTS16DTNJRWW which is the model before yours.

Picture is linked here for the control box in the fresh food section.

jeff sr.
Appliance Repair Aid
https://www.applianceaid.com/
thanks 1 user thanked applianceaid1 for this useful post.
seocom on 6/23/2024(UTC)
seocom  
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 23, 2024 6:08:37 PM(UTC)
seocom

Groups: Registered
United States

Hello Jeff Sr.

Thank you very much for taking the time to find this for me. I did find a similar diagram that showed the control board in this area. As the plastic housing is held in by only one screw, I decided to just lower the plastic housing carefully, because of the warranty, and see if there was anything obvious as I did not want to wait three days and throw out another batch of food. I did find the obvious when I dropped the housing and the main connector was dangling loose as could be. I plugged it in and it worked fine, so I will cancel the serviceman tomorrow and more importantly, not have to throw out any more spoiled food...

Thanks again for you help and have a great upcoming week,
Stan...

Edited by user Sunday, June 23, 2024 6:09:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: mis-spelling

applianceaid1  
#4 Posted : Sunday, June 23, 2024 7:34:52 PM(UTC)
applianceaid1

Groups: Senior Expert
Canada

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I am glad that was all it was!
Thankx for the update.

jeff sr.
Appliance Repair Aid
https://www.applianceaid.com/