Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2024 12:12:20 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I have a Kitchenaid refrigerator (KRMF706ESS01) that is intermittently not getting cold enough in the fridge and freezer both. I first noticed it wasn't making ice as much as usual and then sometimes noticed water slowly leaking out of the water and ice dispenser because the ice was melting. I put a thermometer in the fridge and sometimes when I check it it's just below 40 degrees but then other times it's around 50 degrees. The freezer is doing the same thing, sometimes it seems like it keeping things frozen enough but then other times it seems warmer and some items don't seem to be fully frozen. It seems there could be several possible issues. Any recommendations on what diagnostics tests I should run to try and troubleshoot exactly what the issue is?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

WilliamM/APP Team  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2024 6:05:49 AM(UTC)
WilliamM/APP Team

Groups: Moderators, APP Team, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Thank you for your question. When this happens, does it happen after a certain amount of time that the compressor and fans operate? Also, are the condenser coils clean? It is possible that the warmer temperatures are occurring after a defrost cycle (generally about 6 to 8 hours of compressor run time) and that the unit is taking longer to cool down. If this is the case, it could be caused by excessive dust on the condenser coils, an improperly working fan, or something else.
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2024 6:53:19 AM(UTC)

United States

Thanks for replying. I really haven't been able to notice if it's at certain times like you mention, but it's kind of hard to tell without checking the temperature frequently. I will see if I can pay a little more attention to that. I was planning on pulling it out today and making sure everything is nice and clean and free of dust in the back and underneath so I will see how it looks when I do that.
#4 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2024 2:44:19 PM(UTC)

United States

The coils were pretty dusty and I cleaned them all off but it hasn't made a difference. After plugging it back in while I had it pulled out I heard the compressor kick on and I was hot to the touch and was vibrating so it seems to be working. Before it seemed the fridge and freezer would occasionally be running a normal temperature but now they both are staying at a steady temp and not cooling or freezing. The fridge seems to be staying around 45 degrees and the freezer around 30 degrees whenever I have checked them the past couple of days. One other thing is previously when I first started noticing issues I also noticed the ice maker wasn't producing much ice, but was still producing some. However, now it's not making any ice.