Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Dozerxy  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 17, 2022 2:30:40 PM(UTC)
Dozerxy

Groups: Registered
United States

My refrigerator has been freezing food for two weeks now. This problem first appeared when I noticed thawed items in the freezer. At first, I thought the door had been caught open enough to make a gap, but I never got a temperature alarm. So I rearranged the drawer and ran a power freeze on the freezer to cool it back down. After this, everything in the refrigerator began to feeze.
Since then, I have cleaned the coils and vents, unplugged the unit for 12 hours to thaw with doors open, and have run the FD and RD defrost numerous times. I have not gotten any error codes in diagnostic mode (freeze and frig power freeze buttons held down together).
The refrigerator temperature display flashed a few days ago, but I cleared it by unplugging the unit to reset.
I did have a similar problem three years ago. Back then, I had a home warranty, and a repair company replaced the thermostat, control board, and damper door unit.
Since then, Samsung sent a company to replace the parts for the Ice maker (lawsuit recall).
I know the defrost heater is working ( I can hear it melting ice, and there is no ice buildup causing problems with the fan)
The refrigerator is set for 44F, but the temperature inside is in the mid-’20s.
Is this a thermostat problem? Whatever advice you can offer would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.