Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
pervis  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 25, 2021 2:16:40 AM(UTC)
pervis

Groups: Registered
United States

I am restoring a GE Built In Double Wall Oven. I have pretty much gotten it restored and working and replaced the analog thermostat and door window glass. I'd like to get a new rack but every place I check wants the Model Number. The Model number stamped on the plate is J C2502DC, Serial V CD48870. According to a website I found, the "C" in the serial number indicates it was built in 1957 or 1969. Since my house was built in 1968, I'm guessing this is a 1957 model. Unfortunately nobody can find it in their database. I even called GE and they searched their database of older models and couldn't find it.

The racks in the oven have a right angle hook in the back to stop them from pulling out. Most of the racks I have found on eBay don't have a hook but rather a semicircular indentation in the rack to catch it. Most sellers will not give you the measurements and require the oven model number which they then can't find. Also, I can't search for the rack part number since I can't find a parts diagram for my model number.

My plan is to eventually replace the analog thermostats with PIDs.

I would appreciate any suggestions as to how I can find information on this model. In particular, I'd like to find the part number for the rack so I can search for one.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.