Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jfranks  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 5, 2020 2:47:58 PM(UTC)
Jfranks

Groups: Registered

This all started when the water was turned off to my house for a day during a water main repair. Everything was working fine prior to this. After the water was turned back on the ice maker made ice once and went kaput. I did not turn the ice maker off during this time period because I did not think of it at all. Didn't think of the ice maker until water to the house was restored, everything started working fine, except the ice maker in the freezer did not come back online.

I have replaced the optics, I did not get the $250+ OEM part because I don't have $250 to spend right now so I got a generic 4 start rated replacement off of Amazon. I did this because I saw no lights on the original part. No matter what I did after the water was turned back on the lights on the original optics were not restored.

The light on the control board now stays steady when the flapper is held open. When the door hinge is closed the light goes off. Optics appear to be functioning as expected. Red light is bright and steady.

Ice maker isn't doing anything though, I let it sit for 12 hours since replacing the optics and still nothing. Water dispenser works fine.

Not sure where to go from here.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.