Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
chrysrobyn  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 19, 2016 6:33:56 AM(UTC)
chrysrobyn

Groups: Registered

Kitchen Aid dishwasher is leaking from below while running. (WHOOSH WHOOSH drip WHOOSH WHOOSH drip drip ...) I unscrewed off the bottom fascia and I see the water dripping from a white piece of plastic on the right front. There are two wires going into this piece of plastic. I haven't been able to remove it, and I'm afraid I'm going to break it if it's screwed into place or I'm pulling the wrong direction. This white piece of plastic with two wires is directly below a tan round piece of plastic inside.

What do you think could be the problem? How can I remove this piece without breaking it?

Thanks for your help.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ThatGuy  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 19, 2016 9:34:32 AM(UTC)
ThatGuy

Groups: Expert
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Is the part you are talking about part numbers 1 and 15?

Parts for KitchenAid KUDI01ILBL6: Fill and Overfill Parts - AppliancePartsPros.com

That is the float and switch assembly. You might pull the float straight up and see if its got a bunch of gunk under it. I can't remember if it has a retaining ring on the shaft or not. You should be able to see it if it has one.
chrysrobyn  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 19, 2016 9:46:38 AM(UTC)
chrysrobyn

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: ThatGuy Go to Quoted Post
Is the part you are talking about part numbers 1 and 15?

Parts for KitchenAid KUDI01ILBL6: Fill and Overfill Parts - AppliancePartsPros.com

That is the float and switch assembly. You might pull the float straight up and see if its got a bunch of gunk under it. I can't remember if it has a retaining ring on the shaft or not. You should be able to see it if it has one.

I certainly am talking about 1 and 15. I tried to pull up on 15 but it felt like it stopped. If there is a retaining ring, should I just pull harder? Or is there a handy way to remove it? It stopped before I could really see under it.

Thanks!!!