Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BSTrue  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 16, 2014 3:26:17 AM(UTC)
BSTrue

Groups: Registered

I have a 26 yr old whirlpool electric dryer. I have replaced the thermostats, etc many times over the years, and this time it seemed to be the same issue when the dryer didn't heat up. I tested the thermal cutoff(#6 on diagram), the high limit thermostat(#15),the cycling thermostat(#24 on diagram),the thermal fuse(#23) and they all check out for continuity. The thermostat heater(#19 on the diagram) reads 3500 ohms, which I have read is within the reading it should have. I had an extra thermal cutoff, so I replaced that, but I am still getting no heat....The 240 outlet checks out OK. Any ideas as to where to go from here? I'd like to get another
couple of years out of this dryer if I can.....Oh, the element also checks out for continuity.....Any suggestions?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.