Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
fgaggia  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2014 12:48:30 PM(UTC)
fgaggia

Groups: Registered

I'm a new forum user. I've replaced the coils and one thermostat on the outflow side that wasn't showing continuity. I've checked the continuity on the others as well as the bk-r and tm-or on the timer (all good), but the dryer doesn't heat and the timer doesn't advance in the autosense mode. It does advance, but still doesn't heat in the low-heat mode. It had been getting very hot in the low-heat mode about every third cycle before I replaced the above items. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fgaggia  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2014 1:16:00 PM(UTC)
fgaggia

Groups: Registered

Ok, I don't know if that "Dryer runs too hot!" was a response to my problem (I'm trying to sort out this forum stuff at the same time!), but my dryer does not heat at all. I have noticed that the door switch doesn't stop the drum from spinning sometimes, but I wouldn't think that's related to heating?
fairbank56  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2014 1:19:17 PM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Does the ignitor glow? If not, check continuity of ignitor. Usually reads 40-100 ohms at room temp. If it seems to read ok, check for 120vac at ignitor connector when dryer set to normal heat cycle. Door must be closed or door switch bypassed. Did you check thermal fuse? If no 120vac between thermal fuse and ground with dryer on, backtrack to timer. (operating thermostat, thermal cutoff, hi limit thermostat, timer).

Eric