Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mkrawietz  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 1:51:25 PM(UTC)
mkrawietz

Groups: Registered

I have a KitchenAid Microwave KBHS109SSS01 I am testing for a friend. When Powered the light comes on if the door is opened but the keypad and the display are not functioning. From the tech diagram them problem seem likely to be the control board power transformer (9760213) or the control board itself.

I have measured the voltage over the 3 secondaries but can not find any reference values. I believe there to be an issue with at least the blue set as voltage is low and fluctuating but am not sure without a diagram for the touchscreen, keypad , or transformer itself. Below are the measured values for the 3 secondaries. If anyone knows the voltages on the secondary side of the UI Transformer I would like to compare before purchasing random components to try to fix.

The tech sheet does not have a resistance or voltage test on this UI / Control Board Power transformer only a test for the MW Light Transformer.

Secondary 1
Red 1 - Red 2 - 38.24 V

Secondary 2
Yellow 1 - Yellow 2 - 1.880 V
Yellow 2 - Yellow 3 - 2.050 V
Yellow 1 - Yellow 3 - 3.930 V

Secondary 3
Blue 1 - Blue 2 - varying between 275 - 339 mV
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Appliance Ninja  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 1:59:34 PM(UTC)
Appliance Ninja

The transformer for the light is powered from the control, so we know the control is getting power. Are the measurements above from the control transformer?
mkrawietz  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 2:26:01 PM(UTC)
mkrawietz

The control transformer is receiving ~124V AC. DC output is 1.6mV on the red and 43mV on the blue. I was under the assumption this was an AC transformer with voltages indicated on the first post.

However, the light can not be powered by this UI / Control Board Transformer when the source plug (left side of picture) is removed the inside light remains on. See attached pictures. Sorry about the flash in the second picture but as you can see the transformer is unplugged.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

http://oi42.************************/a13ecg.jpg
http://oi42.************************/s1uqgg.jpg
Appliance Ninja  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 2:42:14 PM(UTC)
Appliance Ninja

I am sorry for the confusion, the light transformer is powered from the main appliance manager board, just verifying that power to the main board is present. I am trying to locate the service manual to see if they give output voltages for the control transformer, but it seems that it is not putting out the voltage it needs to. However, I want to verify that.