Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dgmoy  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2008 5:03:53 PM(UTC)
dgmoy

Groups: Registered

I have a Maytag Quiet Clean dishwasher that will not spray any water out of the top or bottom shower arms. It will fill with water and go through a complete cycle but it does not wash. It just started this all at once. What can I do to correct the problem?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richappy  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2008 3:13:19 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I assume the pump motor is running. If so, check the water level, should be just below the heater, if not, time the water fill period, should be between 40 and 60 seconds. If ok, you have a partially clogged screen in the water solenoid, just remove and clean.
Also, remove the micro screen filter under the spray arm, might be clogged up.
ripleys  
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2008 7:08:41 AM(UTC)
ripleys

Groups: Senior Expert

Also check your lower spray arm and make sure it has not split open along the seam where the two halves are sealed together. Have had afew like that and won't wash worth a darn. Replace spray arm if necessary.
XtremeRob  
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2008 9:00:52 AM(UTC)
XtremeRob

It must be my weekend for applicance repairs. First it was my washing machine and dryer. Now it's my Mom's dishwasher.

It's a Maytag Jet Clean Quiet Plus, Model MDB6650AWW.

The machine fills with water and heats it without incident. When the pump starts, it has some water coming through the lower arm that is insufficient to wash dishes. It has no water coming from the upper arm.

Based on the posts I've read here, I understand that I may have a a partially clogged screen in the water solenoid. But where do I find that part on the dishwasher? Also, the micro screen? Can anyone point me to a schematic for parts diagram for this dishwasher?

Thank you,
Rob
XtremeRob  
#5 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2008 10:53:24 AM(UTC)
XtremeRob

Good news (but work still in process). There's a diagram of part of the parts on an 8.5x11" piece of paper inside the dishwashers once you remove the lower panel. It provided enough information to facilitate disassembly of the spray arm and other components inside the dishwasher.

The micro screen was mostly clogged but the main culpruit is believed to be the larger filter found inside the unit upon which the spray arm sits. It has significant calcium type deposits that I believe are nearly completely cutting off the water flow.

If cleaning the filters fails to resolve the problem, I'll come back here to post further actions taken. Otherwise, consider this one closed.

Thank you,
Rob