Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

207 Pages«<5960616263>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jconn33  
#601 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2009 12:45:59 PM(UTC)
jconn33

Groups: Registered

Gene,

Both the defrost heater (200+ Ghns) element and the defrost thermostat (0 at about 20 degrees F) check out okay, so I'm going to order the adaptiive defrost unit and see if that solves the problem.

Again, many thanks.

Regards,

Joe
Gene  
#602 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2009 2:24:52 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
You are welcome, Joe. Thank you for your good words and good luck with your refrigerator. Keep us posted.

Gene.
alank  
#603 Posted : Saturday, September 19, 2009 11:58:40 AM(UTC)
alank

Can you please advise of where we will find the defrost time on this particular model. kbrs22kfwho. We have been reading through the posts and they are very helpful but we can't figure out where the timer is based on the unit diagram....rather confusing!
We opened the back of the freezer and found frost on the back of the freezer and the coils were covered in frost also. We used a hairdryer to defrost the coils and air immediately began to run through to our fridge but we don't beleive we have solved the problem yet. Any help woul dbe greatly appreciated!
Thanks
jdr12345  
#604 Posted : Monday, September 21, 2009 12:10:01 PM(UTC)
jdr12345

Hi Gene, please help. I have a Kenmore Coldspot 106.60872990. It was given to me by my sister inlaw. The freezer is fine but the fridge is not cooling. I noticed the fan in the freezer is not spinning. I suspect the Evap motor is the culprit but wasn't to sure. Can you confirm this is the issue? I was chating on line with your parts dept. and they said the part I needed was AP3139953 (evap motor with fan). Before ordering I'd like to make sure that is the correct part and if you think that is the problem.
Thanks
alank  
#605 Posted : Thursday, September 24, 2009 2:33:22 PM(UTC)
alank

Originally Posted by: alank Go to Quoted Post
Can you please advise of where we will find the defrost timer on this particular model. kbrs22kfwho. We have been reading through the posts and they are very helpful but we can't figure out where the timer is based on the unit diagram....rather confusing!
We opened the back of the freezer and found frost on the back of the freezer and the coils were covered in frost also. We used a hairdryer to defrost the coils and air immediately began to run through to our fridge but we don't beleive we have solved the problem yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

We have noticed the the problem is occuring again as suspected. We have tested the defrost timer which we were able to locate but don't know what to do next...
Gene  
#606 Posted : Thursday, September 24, 2009 9:36:44 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: alank Go to Quoted Post
We have noticed the the problem is occuring again as suspected. We have tested the defrost timer which we were able to locate but don't know what to do next...

Perform the troubleshooting as described on the first page of this thread and post the results.

The defrost thermostat and the defrost heater are shown as #14 & #10 on the diagram.

Gene.
Gene  
#607 Posted : Thursday, September 24, 2009 9:42:11 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: jdr12345 Go to Quoted Post
Hi Gene, please help. I have a Kenmore Coldspot 106.60872990. It was given to me by my sister inlaw. The freezer is fine but the fridge is not cooling. I noticed the fan in the freezer is not spinning. I suspect the Evap motor is the culprit but wasn't to sure. Can you confirm this is the issue? I was chating on line with your parts dept. and they said the part I needed was AP3139953 (evap motor with fan). Before ordering I'd like to make sure that is the correct part and if you think that is the problem.
Thanks

Sorry for the delay.

Remove the rear panel in the freezer and check how freely the fan blade is turning. If it turns hard or there is no continuity between the motor terminals then the motor is the culprit. The part number for the motor is correct.

- The evaporator fan motor assembly Part number: AP3139953
Part number: AP3139953

Gene.
alank  
#608 Posted : Sunday, September 27, 2009 4:17:29 PM(UTC)
alank

Hi Gene:

We got no sizzling sound when we tested the timer. We tried to use an OH meter to test the heater and the thermostat but we are unsure where to place the test probes. We disconnected one wire off of the heater and using a digital OH meter we didn't know where to place the probes or what OH setting to turn the dial to. Can you break that process down a little further. It's the Oh meter process which is stumbling us. We uinderstand the logic but not the actual placement of the probes. Can you provide a visual or step by steps of where to place them. Your guide does not speak to refridgerators so we are stumped....argh....it should be so simple but we can't figure it out. We completely removed the timer and the heater-can't you advise how to test resistence on them directly?

Thanks!!!
ChinhHien  
#609 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2009 12:29:32 PM(UTC)
ChinhHien

I am following your instruction but can not located defrost timmer on my GE (Model #GSH22GRESS) Refrigerator.
ChinhHien  
#610 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2009 12:42:14 PM(UTC)
ChinhHien

I am following your instruction but can not located defrost timmer on my GE (Model #GSH22GRESS) Refrigerator.