Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Nexxt Owner  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2009 10:10:12 AM(UTC)
Nexxt Owner

Groups: Registered

I have a Bosch Nexxt washer about 3 1/2 years old, and for the second time it has had a problem. When we load it, and put in detergent, choose a wash cycle and start, the washer would let in a little water, then stop everything and show the letter "E" . Pulling up the codes would show P01 and E04. The first time I fixed this, I accessed the drain impeller through the front, which entailed tipping the machine back to control the water that would be running on the floor, and I added water through the detergent slot to test the drain pump afterwards. The machine started to work after this, even though I really found nothing wrong. The drain impeller did not appear to be blocked, and was pumping fine.
Now about six months later it did the same thing, so I started with the easiest thing I did lst time- I poured about three gallons plain water through the detergent slot into the machine and ran a "drain" cycle, and let the machine pump out that water. Then I chose a regular cycle, and pushed the start button. That's all I did.
IT'S WORKING!
All I can figure is maybe running all the clean water down the detergent slot cleaned a sensor somewhere.

Try it, and good luck!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

mrmichaelhallett  
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 30, 2011 10:36:43 AM(UTC)
mrmichaelhallett

Groups: Registered

Hello
We have a 2 yr old Bosch Nexxt series 100 washer and all of a sudden it would not drain and I suppose sensed that it was not draining and would not spin.

I had put an unusually heavy load of towels in (not overloaded but more than we usually put in) and thought it might have had something to do with that. :confused:

But my girlfriend's daughters had been here for a week also ...

Because of a tip here about popping off the round access door on the front of the washer and looking inside and unscrewing the access opening cover that leads to the impeller pump ... I did just that ... tipping the machine back to lessen the flood of stagnant water and putting a small diskpan under to catch the water... I unscewed it after unplugging the power to the washer and ...
what to my wondering eyes should appear but a mangled "falsie" (thats what we used to call them - they probably call them something like "hidden upper level sillouette enhancers' these days) from one of the girls bathing suits or bras.

It was easy enough to pull it out and the impeller spun freely after that.

The door to that area which I unscrewed had some odd shaped parts attached to it so getting it in the proper orientation to screw back in took a minute but once screwed back in the washer went thru a drain cycle just fine ) then I tried a spin and that worked fine.

Now off to try a small load of laundry but I am confident that it is now fixed.

(BTW: the repair tech would not be able to come for about 10 days and we do about 2 loads a day what with daughters, grandkids, a hot tub , a dog and me sweating a lot :) since it is above 80 here in Maine right now .

Thanks to the forum members for the hint that lead to me fixing this problem.

signed: Not Particularly Mechanically Inclined
in Maine

Michael