Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
frostywashdry  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 26, 2009 5:32:47 AM(UTC)
frostywashdry

Groups: Registered

Ok I replaced the pump assembly and now the door seal started leaking I opened up the lower panel and water is coming from around the inside (rusty) banded seal near the concrete connection and also the connection between the door and the seal is not as is should be. I'm assuming it time to get replaced. I'd love to do this on my own. ( Mother of 4 here)

I'm not afraid of doing it, but would like a heads up on the difficulty level and how much time it should take, also, any special tools needed? Are there online intructions? I do have that link to the repare manual. If I order the part from you guys does it come with replacement instructions like my pump assembly did?

Any tips or answers much appreciated <3
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 27, 2009 3:03:06 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here is the parts breakdown
Model Search

Here is a service manual for a 9200 should be close to yours
https://secured.whirlpoo...ILE/Duet%20Job%20Aid.pdf

Here is the tech sheet for this unit.
https://www.servicematters.com/d...0Sheet%20-%208181790.pdf

Here is great site from TechnicianBrian, check out the Whirlpool section
<title>Appliance Repair Blog

And a discussion on leaking Duets
Whirlpool Duet leaks water from front door - Appliance Blog Repair Forums

I'm not afraid of doing it, but would like a heads up on the difficulty level and how much time it should take, also, any special tools needed?
Depends greatly on you mechanical aptitude but is always better to be slow and sure. Just take your time and make drawings/diagrams of anything that looks like it might be confusing when you put it back together.

Are there online intructions?
See above

If I order the part from you guys does it come with replacement instructions like my pump assembly did?

I do not know the answer to this, call or email AppliancePartsPros

Hope the above helps!!
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
frostywashdry  
#3 Posted : Monday, April 27, 2009 3:33:20 AM(UTC)
frostywashdry

Thanks. I'm fairly mechanically inclined and a super A type personality. I have a internal drive for perfection. I did successfully diagnose and repair my pump but that was fairly simple. After seeing one of the photo's from one of the links, it answered my question of " Do I have to remove the front face?" and Yes I do, after that it seems pretty straightforward. I'll let you know how it goes!!!
denman  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 27, 2009 3:45:21 AM(UTC)
denman

Good luck

By the sound of it you should not have a problem.
frostywashdry  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 28, 2009 4:28:40 AM(UTC)
frostywashdry

Quick question? Should I replace the flow regulator if water is coming into my washer over time, say at night? I don't always flip the water off to the washer. For a few years I've had issues with getting water coming into the washer. It's not a drain issue. it's clean water. it does not happen if I shut the water off. Any ideas?
denman  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, April 28, 2009 7:10:50 AM(UTC)
denman

I do not think it will be the flow regulator.
It sounds like one of your inlet valves is leaking so that is what I would replace.

If it leaks when the machine is unplugged then it is the valve for sure.
Ex-SearsTech  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, April 28, 2009 3:17:56 PM(UTC)
Ex-SearsTech

Make sure you do not tighten that inner metal clamp too much or it will not stay on. Get it nice and snug but do not crank on it too much . Changing this seal is a pain the first time and most people tighten the clamp too much causing it to come off or leak soon after.
frostywashdry  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, April 28, 2009 4:21:13 PM(UTC)
frostywashdry

Seal Clamp---I tightened it pretty well, but I wish I had read this first. I hope I didn't over do it. I checked all the way around the seal to make sure it wasn't buckling or wrinkling anywhere and that the clamp had a nice snug fit. I'm fairly confident that I tightened it well but not enough to compromise it's function. The clamp sent to me was slightly different than the original too.The screw was the only difference, it was aimed the in the direction of the clamp instead of out towards me. I took lots of pictures, I'm such a dork, but I'm so proud of myself!!!!! I did it again! The fisrt load I'm running is a hot one so everything settles in nicely.
frostywashdry  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, April 28, 2009 4:26:54 PM(UTC)
frostywashdry

Flow regulator---I'm sure even if I unplugged the power from my washer but still left it hooked up to water with the ball switch "on" it would fill my washer with water over the course of a day or two.

The "only" time it does not fill with water is when I remember to switch the ball switch to the in coming water in the "off" potition.

I don't know if that information helps you better to help me:) I thought it was some sort of internal valve not stopping the water from coming into the washer but not sure which one. the water is never hot, always cold or room temp.

Thanks guys! I'm so happy to have your support!

Kudos to appliancepartspros.com they came through for me again and the got my order to me SUPER FAST!
Ex-SearsTech  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, April 28, 2009 6:43:20 PM(UTC)
Ex-SearsTech

The last clamp i ordered for someone was inline like you described and i think they hold better.