Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
CCunni  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 14, 2009 6:17:46 PM(UTC)
CCunni

Groups: Registered

A jar was in the compactor, it was turned on, i heard it break, it continued to run then it stopped abruptly --- the drawer opened up about 1 inch or so but that's it and you can not push it back in ---it will not start, open up etc. . . .i unplugged it and plugged it back in with hopes of it resetting itself but it did not work ---is there a reset switch somewhere that will make it retract or reset? or is it junk:confused:

Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

dr_sabu  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 7, 2011 8:44:25 AM(UTC)
dr_sabu

Groups: Registered

The problem is the trash ram is pushing down on the edge of the metal of the trash compartment because the door is partially open. The solution is to back-up the ram the the door will close.

To back-up the ram, you will need to pull the compactor out from under your cabinets and unplug it. Turn the compactor on it's side to expose the bottom. There is a plate on the bottom that covers the motor gears. Remove the plate and turn the large gear counter-clockwise to back-up the ram screws (at least this is how it works on my model works). The gears are a little greasy so you may need to add some after messing with the gears.