Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
denman  
#11 Posted : Sunday, April 10, 2011 12:40:25 PM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Sorry but I do not understand the last post.
Normally the hi-limit thermostat should be closed (0 ohms).
If there is an overheat condition it should open removing power from the heating coil.
Once the unit has cooled down it should close again.

When you run the dryer with the door open there is no air flow over the heating coils so you would expect the heating coils to overheat and the hi-limit to open to stop the over heating.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
jamiemad1  
#12 Posted : Sunday, April 10, 2011 4:43:54 PM(UTC)
jamiemad1

Groups: Registered

sorry im calling open closed and closed open i guess,so when it is closed or (power flowing thru it) i should be reading o.o ohms when i touch each contact and when it opens (when hi temp is reached) power should not be flowing thru it and i will get a high reading on my meter? what i meant by door open is i had the top open just so i could watch the coils cycle on and off. It would be working fine then all the sudden the high limit stat would kick open and dryer would shut down until it cooled off usually about 6 minutes, then I could start it again. I appreciate your help and for being so patient with my questions i will order a new thermo stat tonight and another thermo safety kit as well do you think the timer could be bad or wait to see if the thermostat fixes the problem thanks again take care ps. its been running for a hour again so far with no shut off does it matter witch way you put the wires on the thermal fuse because there is no marks on it and two wires dont know if i have them crisss crossed :confused:
denman  
#13 Posted : Sunday, April 10, 2011 4:53:31 PM(UTC)
denman

[COLOR="DarkRed"]sorry im calling open closed and closed open i guess,so when it is closed or (power flowing thru it) i should be reading o.o ohms when i touch each contact and when it opens (when hi temp is reached) power should not be flowing thru it and i will get a high reading on my meter?[/COLOR]
Yes.

[COLOR="DarkRed"]I appreciate your help and for being so patient with my questions[/COLOR]
Not a problem it is better to ask, rather than guess.
Also I still remember when I was learning this stuff and asking lots of questions.
Just keep asking till you understand it.

[COLOR="DarkRed"] i will order a new thermo stat tonight and another thermo safety kit as well do you think the timer could be bad or wait to see if the thermostat fixes the problem thanks again take care[/COLOR]
The timer should not be able to cause over temperature problems.
[COLOR="DarkRed"]
ps. its been running for a hour again so far with no shut off does it matter witch way you put the wires on the thermal fuse because there is no marks on it and two wires dont know if i have them crisss crossed[/COLOR]
No it makes no difference as it is AC.
Note: That your cycling thermostat has 2 sets of connectors.
One set is the contacts. The other set is an internal heater. So the wires do make a difference here.
jamiemad1  
#14 Posted : Thursday, April 21, 2011 1:27:17 PM(UTC)
jamiemad1

Groups: Registered

ok dryer is working good but for some reason after 10 minutes it shuts down then i waite for five minutes and start it up again and then it will run its entire cycle 40 -50 minutes thats wierd it does this every time any ideas
denman  
#15 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2011 4:39:30 AM(UTC)
denman

Sorry but nothing comes to mind that would cause this.

I would suggest you start a new thread giving the model number, symptoms etc.
Also reference this thread in your post.

The reason I suggest this is that when the forum is busy other regulars just do not have the time to look at all the posts and when they see another regular is helping the person they go to unanswered posts.

This should get you some new ideas.