Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bradford  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 24, 2008 7:50:18 AM(UTC)
bradford

Groups: Registered

Please help me. I think I know what to replace, but would really like your opinions. Some water boiled over from burner 4 (4th from left) the other night. A few minutes later, burners 3 and 5 began coming on intermittently and wouldn't turn off. I then saw burner 3 arcing under the knob so I killed the breaker. Now (2 days later) burners 4 and 5 continue to work perfectly. Burners 1 and 2 will not go off. I can adjust them from lo to hi and everything in between, but it won't go off. After I killed the breaker again, 1 and 2 always read ER. I understand it is because they won't go off. The board under 3 (single element) is kinda black where it shorted from the water. It smells like fried electronics, BUT that burner seems to work perfectly. Kinda crazy, huh?
It looks to me like the only thing to really change are the individual boards on the bad burners. I don't want to change the boards for 1 and 2 and have them go out because board 3 was bad. Any ideas as to actually what might have happened? Who would've thought water could get into the control panel? Guess they didn't seal it up very well.
Any help would be great.
Thanks in advance.
Brad
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.