Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Tonysan58  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 21, 2010 6:36:14 AM(UTC)
Tonysan58

Groups: Registered

I have issue slow pre-heating of Dacor over. My repairman suggest to replace broiler ignitor #82423 and I am able to buy from appliance parts pros very quickly. I would someone to explain me how easy to replace it and also some instruction. Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 21, 2010 7:05:17 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Tonysan58 Go to Quoted Post
I have issue slow pre-heating of Dacor over. My repairman suggest to replace broiler ignitor #82423 and I am able to buy from appliance parts pros very quickly. I would someone to explain me how easy to replace it and also some instruction. Thanks.

I have a few questions :
Do you have a problem broiling in your oven ?
Does the oven bake properly and in the proper amount of time after the pre heat cycle ?

Replacing the igniter on your oven burner is a relatively easy repair and can be performed with basic tools(screw driver / nut driver).

You may need to remove the oven door, you may also need to remove the flame spreader (above the burner tube) remove the 2 screws holding the igniter in place and disconnect the wires. Be cautious with the new part as they are delicate and subject to breakage if mis handled).Reverse the procedure after igniter is installed and check for proper ignition.

As you already have a part number Appliancepartspros.com will be more than happy to place your parts order if you choose to.

Have a nice day
Tonysan58  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 21, 2010 7:30:43 AM(UTC)
Tonysan58

Joe, Repairman only says me the broil ignitor is bad and that creates slow pre-heat for bake and other. According to my wife, sometimes Broiler does not heat, so forever not pre-hear but sometimes working. After heat, it seems working. If this is right thing to improve this situation, I will order this part from you soon and I will do it by myself in stead of another service call by repairman. Thanks.
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 21, 2010 10:45:47 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Joe, Repairman only says me the broil ignitor is bad and that creates slow pre-heat for bake and other. According to my wife, sometimes Broiler does not heat, so forever not pre-hear but sometimes working. After heat, it seems working. If this is right thing to improve this situation, I will order this part from you soon and I will do it by myself in stead of another service call by repairman. Thanks.

Based on the additional information you just supplied,
you should replace the broil igniter, also check the burner ports(holes) on the burner tube for obstructions and clogs.
Tonysan58  
#5 Posted : Thursday, July 22, 2010 12:25:55 PM(UTC)
Tonysan58

Hi, I received broil ignitor such quickly. Thanks.
However, it is not easy to connect wire. I am wondering I should remove whole top bracket, but it is not also easy to do so. How I can remove it?
As I informed you, my Dacor dual fuel oven is ERD36SBK, so please help me the detail of removal process urgently. My wife can not cook tonight.
Thanks.
Joe / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Thursday, July 22, 2010 1:06:47 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Hi, I received broil ignitor such quickly. Thanks.
However, it is not easy to connect wire. I am wondering I should remove whole top bracket, but it is not also easy to do so. How I can remove it?
As I informed you, my Dacor dual fuel oven is ERD36SBK, so please help me the detail of removal process urgently. My wife can not cook tonight.
Thanks.

Yes you will need to remove the ignitor shield from the broiler to access the igniter assembly, more easily.

The srews can be difficult to remove due to heat stress, but can be done with patience and time,or replaced if damaged with matching screws from a hardware store.

You may have to trace the wires all the way back to the gas valve, disconnect and remove the igniter, make sure you remove power to the unit before you work on it.
pbeck  
#7 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2011 7:00:00 AM(UTC)
pbeck

Do you have to pull the range to get the the connections, the wires to the igniter go out a small hole towards the back or can you access it from the inside(front).
Thanks
Joe / APP Team  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2011 5:23:09 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Originally Posted by: pbeck Go to Quoted Post
Do you have to pull the range to get the the connections, the wires to the igniter go out a small hole towards the back or can you access it from the inside(front).
Thanks

PB,
You access the wires from the oven cavity(front) Remove the oven racks, door if you wish, and the oven bottom panel. You'll be fine and up and running in no time.

:) :) :)