Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gregciccol  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 9, 2020 10:08:42 AM(UTC)
gregciccol

Groups: Registered
United States

Hello

I have an old GE gas built-in wall oven, model #JGRS14BEW2BB. This unit was bought used several years ago so I do not know it's full history.

ISSUE: Randomly shuts itself off during the Baking cycle.

DETAILED DESCRIPTION: While attempting to bake an item the following has been observed:

1. the oven will take appx. 25 minutes to come up to pre-heat temperature of 350 degrees.

2. once up to proper temperature, it will randomly turn itself off, sometimes after 10 minutes, sometimes after 45 minutes.

3. I happened to be looking at the control panel when it turned itself off after about 30 minutes.
I observed the following: The unit appeared to lose all power as the oven light and clock both went black. After about 15 seconds, the clock came back on. I pressed the Bake and Start buttons and the unit came back up to 350 degrees and remained on for the balance of the cooking cycle, 30 more minutes.

4. The unit sometimes works fine during the baking cycle and does not turn itself off. Other times it keeps turning itself off and you have to wait about 10 minutes before it will let you set the Bake cycle again. (Pushing the Bake button during this period does nothing).

5. There are no error codes displayed.

The following items have been previously replaced:
Control board - 6 years ago
Oven Igniter - 3 years ago

I've searched the forum for ideas but just get more confused. Not sure if the Igniter is failing again or the temperature sensor is bad and somehow thinking it's overheating and needs to shut down. The fact that I saw the display disappear for 20 seconds really confuses me.

I'd appreciate any insight or help towards resolving this problem. Thank you very much for your time and assistance, it's much appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.