Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mthomtech  
#21 Posted : Friday, May 22, 2009 1:00:17 PM(UTC)
mthomtech

Groups: Registered

Thanks denman and Gene!

I didn't see all your replies before I decided to to order some parts and try to fix it. Luckily we were on the same page for the most part.

I went ahead and got a new suppressor and new control board. The just arrived today and I first tried the suppressor, but same results (as expected). Then I switched out the control board and it works!!! It wasn't too hard to switch those parts out, and I'm sure I did save a bundle thanks to you guys and this forum.

It's funny ... I didn't even realize that this forum was connected to Appliance Part Pros which has the diagrams and parts. I'd posted a diagram from a competitor (thanks to the mods for linking to the right diagram here!). I guess that's what I get for relying too much on google and don't pay attention to what site I'm on.

At any rate, this site does have great prices on the parts ... I'm bookmarking this site for my future needs!

As for the oven. I think you both had good suggestions on other things that I didn't try. denman - I didn't test out the individual components. Gene - I did not replace the low voltage transformer. But I'm going to keep an eye on it ... if the LCD gets dimmer and some of the same things start happening that I originally noticed ... I'll shut it off and troubleshoot further.

Do either of you have any ideas of symptoms (before the new board blows) if either the components or transformer are bad?

Thanks!
Gene  
#22 Posted : Friday, May 22, 2009 4:04:07 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
You are welcome. We are glad you were able to fix it.

Unfortunately there are no a such symptoms, but you are protected at least for a year with great APP parts warranty.

Gene.
td1837  
#23 Posted : Wednesday, August 16, 2017 7:19:22 AM(UTC)
td1837

I have same oven and panel went dark after power outage..surge when power came back on? Anyways, turned breaker off overnight and then next morning turned it on, and viola! works now. ??? Found another oven on craigslist for $50 going to buy and keep in case this blows up in the future.
#24 Posted : Saturday, November 25, 2023 4:29:14 PM(UTC)

United States

🙏🙏🙏😋😋😋
#25 Posted : Saturday, November 25, 2023 4:30:18 PM(UTC)

United States

🙏🙏🙏😋😋😋