Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
PaulMullen  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 21, 2013 7:20:06 PM(UTC)
PaulMullen

Groups: Registered

My Bosch Nexxt Wfmc3200uc/01 washer has been getting glitchy lately. Sometimes leaves clothes wet, or stops mid cycle.Then it started flashing the Max Spin and Door Locked lights together as soon as the switch was turned to any position but off. I called Bosch who advised unplugging the machine and waiting 30 minutes or more, which worked at first. But then it stopped spinning altogether and left door locked. I called a repair man. When he arrived he obviously had never worked on this model but guided by the service manual on his laptop, he ran some tests and at first suggested that it was a wiring harness short. Then he did another test and since then the Max Spin and Delay lights start flashing as soon as you put the machine into diagnostic mode! Sometimes it shows P01 briefly, then starts flashing, other times it flashes immediately you turn the selector knob. Leaving the machine unplugged overnight has not worked yet.

Repairman claims it needs a new control board (at $425 + $100 labor). A brand new Samsung front loader is on sale at just $549 this week, so I won't opt for that repair. But since I fix computers and know how often a technician will claim that a computer motherboard has failed, just because he does not know what else it could be, I thought I would ask if you would agree?

thanks Paul
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Appliance Ninja  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 21, 2013 7:30:44 PM(UTC)
Appliance Ninja

The P:01 indicates it is still in diagnostic mode. With the machine on, turn the knob to the OFF position. Then, turn it back on and see if a cycle will reset. Let me know what happens, please.
PaulMullen  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 22, 2013 7:10:40 AM(UTC)
PaulMullen

At present switching it to any position just starts the Max Spin and Delay lights flashing together. Also now it does not even show P01 before it starts flashing.

I might add that this latest bout of flashing occurred only after the repairman poked at various wiring to look for frayed wires, then tried to pry the cover off the control board, gave up half way through (he had trouble reading the directions in his manual) and reassembled it. Before that he was getting it into diagnostic mode fine but said something about an error code in the "NTC" whatever that is. So maybe he did not put all wire connectors back properly or somehow disturbed a connection?
Appliance Ninja  
#4 Posted : Friday, November 22, 2013 7:17:50 AM(UTC)
Appliance Ninja

Prior to the servicing, the previous symptoms, especially the power cycles that would reset the malfunction, would indicate that the control was likely experiencing issues initially. You could check the wiring and connections, but I do suspect the control is at fault.
PaulMullen  
#5 Posted : Friday, November 22, 2013 4:21:50 PM(UTC)
PaulMullen

Thank you Ninja, I do repair laptop motherboards (but have the schematics for those). In your experience, are these control boards usually repairable? Is there any schematic/testing information on them?
Appliance Ninja  
#6 Posted : Friday, November 22, 2013 4:44:51 PM(UTC)
Appliance Ninja

The manufacturer does not release those schematics, only as far as the components. So you get to know that there is a board and what plugs go where, but nothing as far as the actual board schematic.