Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

207 Pages«<189190191192193>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gene  
#1901 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2013 12:48:51 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hello Troy36house,

You have to remove the rear panel in the freezer to see how the evaporator is covered with frost. This is the only way to find out if there is a defrost problem or something else is wrong. Removing the ice maker is not a big deal. There are two or three screws secured the ice maker and the wire harness plug which has to be disconnected.

Gene.
SteveDB  
#1902 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2013 1:05:38 PM(UTC)
SteveDB

Groups: Registered

Hi Gene,
since you appear to have nailed this (having a very lengthy discussion dealing with this issue), I've looked on the parts page, and see the discussions on the defroster, but cannot find a diagram for my model/refrigerator. I have the kenmore 596.75504400.

Do you have a pdf version of the service manual for this so I can locate my defroster, and check these items ?

TYIA.
SteveB.
Gene  
#1903 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2013 3:32:38 PM(UTC)
Gene

Hi SteveD,

Unfortunately Sears does not provide any service manuals. There are no defrost timer in this refrigerator. All functions, including the defrost cycle are operated by the control board inside the control panel. Look for the tech sheet behind the front bottom grille. It will tell you how to go into the diagnostic mode.

Gene.
SteveDB  
#1904 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2013 4:10:14 PM(UTC)
SteveDB

The front bottom grill is a narrow (3" wide) grill, and I pulled it off to clean out the lint-- it's been a couple of years since I'd last done it. I saw no paperwork.
Gene  
#1905 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2013 5:21:53 PM(UTC)
Gene

The other option is to check the defrost thermostat and the defrost heater for continuity. If they both are good, replace the control board.

- The defrost thermostat Part number: 67003426
Part number: 67003426

- The defrost heater Part number: 67002493
Part number: 67002493

- The control board Part number: 12784415
Part number: 12784415

Gene.
SteveDB  
#1906 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2013 7:04:04 PM(UTC)
SteveDB

Thanks for your quick response.
Ok, where do I find these parts on the refrigerator, so that I can test them? This is part of my problem at this point?
TYIA.
VinnyKO  
#1907 Posted : Thursday, May 30, 2013 3:33:04 PM(UTC)
VinnyKO

Hi Gene,

My Maytag has been frosting over behind the panel. I just finished de-icing it a while ago. The defrost element tested good and the thermostat tested okay also. I don't know if my refrigerator works the same, but I pressed the light switch 5 times within 6 seconds and nothing happened that I could tell. I checked the element and it did not heat up at all. What next?

Thanks for any help you might have,

Vincent
SteveDB  
#1908 Posted : Thursday, May 30, 2013 4:05:28 PM(UTC)
SteveDB

Mine turned out to be the fan above the condenser coils, inside the freezer.
I tested my heater-- good. I tested the defroster-- good. I decided to test the fan.... no good. I talked with a local appliance tech and he said if it's just the top of the coils that are freezing up-- it's the fan.
Otherwise, if it's the entire coils which are icing over-- new control board....
rockjeep44  
#1909 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2013 10:43:57 AM(UTC)
rockjeep44

Originally Posted by: rockjeep44 Go to Quoted Post
Samsung "POS" RS265LBBP refrigerator here. POS is not part of the model number, that's my addition based on performance :p Anyways, freezer is good as gold, refrigerator sits around 56-60 degrees with no air movement that I can see.

Anyways, thanks to all the research here I did a self diagnosis and it returned section 4 (Fan motor system abnormality in R compartment) and section 7 (Abnormality in defrosting system for R compartment). Should I start with the cheapest/easiest fix by ordering the fan motor item #AP4136569, replacing it, and seeing if that cures the section 7 error as well? If it doesn't then I guess move on to plan B which is troubleshooting the section 7 defrost error? Thanks for the advice :D

Oh, and while I'm here does anyone have the service manual for this fridge? I found one for another model online but it has some differences.

Thanks Gene. I placed the order and will report back with my results.

One month update. Replacing the fan motor seems to have fixed the issue. Refrigerator and freezer are running like a champ. Thanks for the help here on the forum :D

So, I guess this is around a 10 month update. Samsung POS fridge rears its ugly head once again. After replacing the evaporator fan everything was working like a champ until all of a sudden I woke up one day to a fridge that wouldn't cool below 55 degrees or so. I pulled out all the drawers and looked inside to see the back of the fridge frozen up again. I defrosted the fridge manually, plugged it back in, and everything is cooling great once again. That leads me to believe I have a bad heating element which seems to be common with these Samsung refrigerators. However, from my research, those that have this problem report the fridge freezing over and warming up within a week or less after a manual defrost. Before I go to the trouble and expense to do the more complicated evaporator/heating element repair (https://sites.google.com/site/rnssite/samsung) I'm looking for a little more advice and direction. Thanks a bunch!
VinnyKO  
#1910 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2013 3:28:54 PM(UTC)
VinnyKO

Originally Posted by: SteveDB Go to Quoted Post
Mine turned out to be the fan above the condenser coils, inside the freezer.
I tested my heater-- good. I tested the defroster-- good. I decided to test the fan.... no good. I talked with a local appliance tech and he said if it's just the top of the coils that are freezing up-- it's the fan.
Otherwise, if it's the entire coils which are icing over-- new control board....

Just replaced the main board in the MBF2254HEB and now the temp displays are flashing

UPDATE: I found the instructions buried in the shipping box it came in - now we wait to see if it defrosts on its own.