Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

207 Pages«<186187188189190>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gene  
#1871 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 6:35:41 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Deb,

The instructions are attached to the post.

Gene.
File Attachment(s):
Bottom mount - PC control board removal.doc (77kb) downloaded 5 time(s).
Troy36house  
#1872 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2013 7:47:10 PM(UTC)
Troy36house

Groups: Registered

I have a Kenmore refrigerator/freezer (model 36350232000) that worked fine until recently. The freezer is working fine but sometimes the refrigerator is not as cold as it should be. It does not get to the point where food goes bad. Sometimes it is fine and other times not. This is occurring during winter/spring months, so it is not related to heat in the house, say during summer months. I have cleaned the coils under the unit which seemed to help some, but not completely.

How can it be determined what component may be faulty between the damper or some electronic control so that the correct part is ordered?
Gene  
#1873 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 3:28:11 PM(UTC)
Gene

Hello,

There are no electronic parts in your refrigerator. Remove the rear panel in the freezer and check how the evaporator coils are covered with frost. Post the results.

Gene.
Troy36house  
#1874 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2013 7:48:57 PM(UTC)
Troy36house

I was able to move the rear panel inside the freezer far enough to see the evaporator coils and they do have frost on them. I couldn't remove the panel completely due to the ice maker being in the way.

What is my next step in resolving this issue?
salewis1  
#1875 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 6:20:38 AM(UTC)
salewis1

Hi Gene,

Thank you so much for this thread. I'm a single mom so it's nice to have expert advice when I find myself doing my own home repairs. My side by side GE Profile fridge: GE Model tfx22crda was having the same problem as what was described in your thread. I found that I had a bad defrost heater, which I replaced. I didn't go any further in investigating the thermostat, because it was clearly burnt out.

I noticed frost build up on the back of my freezer about a week ago, so now I'm wondering if it's the defrost thermostat? Everything seems to be operating fine, with the exception of all that darn frost!!! I scraped it off last night, and it was back again this morning. Could it be that they both were possibly bad and that I need to replace the thermostat as well?

Please help:-)
Gene  
#1876 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 10:31:23 AM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: Troy36house Go to Quoted Post
...they do have frost on them...

Hi,

How much frost is there? Are the coils completely blocked?

It's better to remove the ice maker.

Gene.
Gene  
#1877 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 10:40:48 AM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: salewis1 Go to Quoted Post
Hi Gene,

Thank you so much for this thread. I'm a single mom so it's nice to have expert advice when I find myself doing my own home repairs. My side by side GE Profile fridge: GE Model tfx22crda was having the same problem as what was described in your thread. I found that I had a bad defrost heater, which I replaced. I didn't go any further in investigating the thermostat, because it was clearly burnt out.

I noticed frost build up on the back of my freezer about a week ago, so now I'm wondering if it's the defrost thermostat? Everything seems to be operating fine, with the exception of all that darn frost!!! I scraped it off last night, and it was back again this morning. Could it be that they both were possibly bad and that I need to replace the thermostat as well?

Please help:-)

Hi,

What is the part number of the heater you installed?

If it was a double glass tube kit, have you installed both heating elements?

The defrost thermostat has to be checked for continuity while it's ice cold.

Gene.
salewis1  
#1878 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 10:56:08 AM(UTC)
salewis1

Hi Gene,

the part number was AP4355467. It had two heating elements, but there was only one heating element originally. So I just took one of the heating elements from the part number referenced and replaced it. Should I have replaced the one heating element with the two that came in the part??
Gene  
#1879 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 11:33:29 AM(UTC)
Gene

Yes, both heating elements must be installed. They should be connected in series. The installation instruction is included in the kit and have to follow it for proper installation.

Very likely the one you already installed is already damaged because of executive power for one heater. Check it for continuity. If it is damaged then you have to order another kit and install both of heaters according to the instruction.

Gene.
salewis1  
#1880 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 11:41:33 AM(UTC)
salewis1

Shoot.. Hopefully, it's still good. If not, then I'll order another one. It's still a lot cheaper than hiring someone. Thanks!