Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bksmith623  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 8, 2011 9:14:31 AM(UTC)
bksmith623

Groups: Registered

My hotpoint washer stopped agitating and spinning this morning. Water still fills and drains. Also, you cannot manually turn tru agitator by hand when the washer is stopped. How can I fix this?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 8, 2011 5:24:25 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Without a model number I can only tell you to take off the front panel and observe the motor and transmission while it is supposed to be running.

If it is less than one year old it should be under factory warranty.
john.papio  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2013 7:50:19 AM(UTC)
john.papio

Groups: Registered

I just fixed my model ( VLSR1090GWW ) Hotpoint. The front panel removes by inserting a putty knife in the gap between the top and front panel. Pushing front to back a spring loaded switch opens about 4 inches from the sides will release the front panel. The belt was fine. I then noticed to the right front upper side that the switch to stop agitation had pulled away from its clip. I pushed it back in place and its running like a charm. Come to think of it, I had noticed earlier that there was no click from the magnet when I opened and closed the lid. It should have been my first clue.