Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jeffreyjd@charter.net  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2013 5:17:45 PM(UTC)
jeffreyjd@charter.net

Groups: Registered

I have a GE Profile series side by side that does not flow any water to dispenser or ice maker. All lights/buttons operate on the display. I have good water flow into fridge, new screw in filter that i can hear fill when connected. I remove filter and its full of water, empty it out and reinstall and I can hear it fill again. When the water dispenser is pressed, I hear a click at the dispenser, and I can hear a click at the back lower left of the fridge, Im assuming some kind of solenoid to allow water to flow. I can put ice cubes in the holding tray from our other fridge upstairs, and it dispenses ice fine, but I never get water to flow into the ice maker. Any ideas? Thanks for the replies.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Simon / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2013 10:10:57 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Hi.

There is a water tank Part number: WR17X10734
Part number: WR17X10734

Located in the refrigerator side behind the crisper drawer. Most likely it's frozen.
Also you should remove the rear cover from the compressor compartment and check if the water lines from the water valve are not broken.

You may also have two separate problems like - frozen water line in the freezer door and frozen inlet tube to the icemaker.
Disconnect the water line near the freezer door lower hinge, push the water lever and if the water comes through then the line is frozen inside the door.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Fresh Food Section parts for GE PSC23NGMDBB - AppliancePartsPros.com

Post the results.

Simon.
jeffreyjd@charter.net  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2013 11:23:22 AM(UTC)
jeffreyjd@charter.net

Thanks Simon, I will try those things after work tomorrow. One other thing I forgot to add in my first post; we just bought this fridge used, and did not have the water hooked up at all until within the last week, when I realized this problem. Is there still a chance of frozen water? Or something else? Also I noticed the icemaker switch was in the "on" position without water hooked up, any big deal there? Thanks
Simon / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2013 11:32:34 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

HI.

Let's start step by step. First "The frozen theory".:)

Simon.
jeffreyjd@charter.net  
#5 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2013 5:23:50 PM(UTC)
jeffreyjd@charter.net

Got to the water tank, and sure enough, it was frozen in one spot. Took it out thawed it in our sink with warm water, reassembled and running water! Thanks. No onto the freezer. With it plugged in, I flip the switch on and not much happens, the valve on the back side does not move/open. But I did switch the solenoid connectors, toggle the water dispenser and water enters the ice cube tray, so that rules out the solenoid/valve. Looking into the ice tray area, there is frozen water in the ice cube tray, should those fingers scoop it out when full/frozen? Not sure how that works.
Simon / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2013 9:29:16 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Hi.

If the icemaker water inlet tube is not frozen - replace the

icemaker Part number: WR30X10093
Part number: WR30X10093

Post the results.

Simon.