Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sssmith007  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 8:53:30 AM(UTC)
sssmith007

Groups: Registered

GE Wizzard Washer gets to the agitate or spin cycle and starts clicking about every second, diming the cellar lights and eventually tripping the breaker. Clicking coming from down near the motor area. Sometimes I can get it to stop clicking and function by pressing the pause button then start button on the electronic controller pad. Used to click a little and then work, getting to the point of non functional now. Motor? Clutch?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 9:35:44 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Bad motor switch contacts. You can fix this temporarily by cutting the blue wire and white wire to the motor. Strip 1/2" insulation off both blue wires and the white wire coming from control panel (not from motor). Twist the three wires together and put a wire nut on them. Leave white wire from motor disconnected. It should now work in high speed only.

For a permanent fix, you need to replace the motor which will be a new type that comes with a new wire harness, relay, capacitor, crimp connectors and instructions on how to install.

Eric
lesliemorris85  
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2013 7:08:58 PM(UTC)
lesliemorris85

Groups: Registered

[FONT=&quot]Just curious, did that solution work? I’m having nearly similar problems on mine though I think it’s not a motor problem. But I just want to have an alternative solution just in case. [/FONT]
fairbank56  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2013 6:32:01 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
What is your model number and specific symptoms?

Eric