Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Debra Torres  
#11 Posted : Thursday, June 28, 2012 7:58:34 PM(UTC)
Debra Torres

Groups: Registered

Gene, thank you. I am so happy to tell you it was the lid switch. I ordered it from you guys and it was cheeper than buying one around here. I ordered the part, got in 2 business day with no extra shipping (6.00) part was 21.15 for a total of $27.15. As they always do, my little emergency came at a bad time. LOL. It was very easy to fix. I did it myself. I was talking to my 80 yr old mother and she had the same thing repaired by an appliance repair man who came out to the house. She paid $189.00. Unbelievable! Thank you so very much. I'm sure we will eventually talk again. I try to do all my repairs myself and usually it turns out well. It is nice to have you on duty. If I could teach my husband how to do this, I would be great! Thank you very much,
Debra Torres:)
Gene  
#12 Posted : Friday, June 29, 2012 3:20:32 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
You are welcome Debra. I'm glad it's up and running. Thank you for the feedback and your good words.

Gene.
pdifinance  
#13 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2012 7:07:23 AM(UTC)
pdifinance

Groups: Registered

I have a new lid switch that I'm trying to install on my Maytag model #MAV7257AWQ. I have the control panel off and have unscrewed the plunger screws and removed the old switch, but am finding it tricky to reinstall the new one. What is the process?
Thanks
Gene  
#14 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2012 2:17:02 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: pdifinance Go to Quoted Post
I have a new lid switch that I'm trying to install on my Maytag model #MAV7257AWQ. I have the control panel off and have unscrewed the plunger screws and removed the old switch, but am finding it tricky to reinstall the new one. What is the process?
Thanks

You probably did not have to remove the plunger. The instructions are attached to the post.

Gene.
File Attachment(s):
Top cover and lid switch removal.doc (615kb) downloaded 1 time(s).