Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Debra Torres  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 21, 2012 4:29:06 PM(UTC)
Debra Torres

Groups: Registered

About 3 months ago my washer began stopping right after it filled and wouldn't progress until you banged on the lid. Then it would complete the cycle. Gradually it became more frequent but, would always resume after banging on the lid. Then it started last week, stopping after it filled up to rinse as well, but bang on the lid and it would resume and complete the cycle. Today it won't fill, wash, rinse or spin. Bang, bang, ....... she's dead! 2 years ago I replaced the timer and the motor. What the heck could be wrong this time. Ugghhh:( Please help. Debra Torres
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 22, 2012 3:45:54 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups ready for retrieval: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Debra,

What is the complete model number of the washer?

Gene.
Debra Torres  
#3 Posted : Friday, June 22, 2012 4:43:38 PM(UTC)
Debra Torres

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Hi Debra,

Gene.

I hate to tell you but I am not certain. The model number was on a plastic tape on the back and has been ripped off and rubbed back on. I can only see some of it but I think it says MAV9557EWW.
Debra Torres  
#4 Posted : Friday, June 22, 2012 4:44:21 PM(UTC)
Debra Torres

quote=Gene;746908]Hi Debra,

Gene.

I hate to tell you but I am not certain. The model number was on a plastic tape on the back and has been ripped off and rubbed back on. I can only see some of it but I think it says MAV9557EWW. :D
Gene  
#5 Posted : Friday, June 22, 2012 5:05:16 PM(UTC)
Gene

Sounds like the problem is a bad lid switch.

- The lid switch Part number: 22003804
Debra Torres  
#6 Posted : Friday, June 22, 2012 6:09:16 PM(UTC)
Debra Torres

Hi Debra,

Gene.

Model# MAV9557EWW

The model number has been rubbed off and I can only see partial numbers/letters. I lifted the top to see if the model # was somewhere else. I noticed there is a device held together by a plastic piece right under the water outlet. It has 2 approx 1/2 inch round things (similar to 1/2 length AA batteries) and between and a little to the front there is a bigger cylinder like thing (approx size of a quarter) and about 1/2 inch high. Maybe they are fuses of some sort. The 1/2 inch cylinder to the right has 2 wires, 1 black and 1 gray. To the left, the 1/2 inch cylinder to the left has 2 wires, 1 yellow and 1 black. The cylinder in the middle and to the front (quarter size) has 3 wires, 1 white, 1 green and 1 purple wire and is being held in place by a silver metal band across it and what appears like a screw going into it. This larger cylinder is encased in metal base with a plastic cap held by the metal band. The band has what appears to be a corrosion of some sort on the screw top. The plastic top appears to be darkened like it may be burned out if it were a sensor. I also took out the lid sensor to see if it were stuck and it is not. It clicks when I press it and the plastic piece that compresses the button doesn't appear to be excessively worn. Could this cylinder like thing be a sensor and burned out. It would make sence if it were that I could bang on the lid and may jar it. If so what the heck is this thing?:confused:
Debra Torres  
#7 Posted : Friday, June 22, 2012 6:11:55 PM(UTC)
Debra Torres

Sounds like the problem is a bad lid switch.

- The lid switch Part number: 22003804

This is what I pulled out. The lid switch. It clicks when I press the button easliy. The plastic pointed stick the presses the button does have little ware on the tip but not much at all.
Gene  
#8 Posted : Monday, June 25, 2012 9:10:08 PM(UTC)
Gene

It still can be bad even if it does click. You can check the lid switch for continuity as described in the Q&A section for the part. Also you may want to check the plunger.

Gene.
Debra Torres  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, June 26, 2012 1:12:18 AM(UTC)
Debra Torres

I have the fill switch on the way. If it doesn't work, Is the plunger the plastic piece that sticks in the swtch to push the button? If so, that should be with the switch. If not where do I find it?
Gene  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, June 26, 2012 11:29:27 AM(UTC)
Gene

Hi Debra,

This a separate part. It's shown as #7 at the diagram.

Gene.
P.S. How hard is to click on the diagrams link I posted for you and look up this part?