Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

207 Pages«<145146147148149>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gene  
#1461 Posted : Friday, January 27, 2012 4:47:36 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Go to the first page of this thread for the troubleshooting instructions. The defrost timer is located inside the control box (#23 on the diagram).

- The defrost thermostat Part number: AP2150133
Part number: AP2150133

- The defrost heater Part number: AP2150139
Part number: AP2150139

- The defrost timer Part number: AP2111929
Part number: AP2111929

Gene.
bigmace  
#1462 Posted : Thursday, February 2, 2012 9:20:12 AM(UTC)
bigmace

Groups: Registered

Hello Ive done some searching on here but still can't figure out what's wrong with mine, samsung RF267XAERS french door bottom freezer. The usual symptons fridge too warm, ice buildup in back.

Had an appliance repair come to look at it and said to replace the core evap assembly DA97-07185C. The fan and most of the evap assembly were encased in ice but there just frost on the heater. Closed the fridge and 30 min later all the frost was melted so it looks like the heater is working. Do i need to replace the circuit board? Im guessing the fan needs replaced because the ice stopped it, can the fan be replaced seperately or is it easier to just get entire assembly?

Thanks
wotero  
#1463 Posted : Wednesday, February 8, 2012 9:45:53 AM(UTC)
wotero

Hello,
I bought a SAMSUNG side by side refirigerator, model RS23DASW/FASW (LATAM model). Not sure if you got the same model in Europe, guess could be RS21XXX. I´m looking for the service manual, fridge display shows a botton line on the alarm codes, which is 04:R-FAN-Error, as far as I could gathered on Internet. In my country, Colombia, local service companies doesn´t provide a good technical support on this product. Many techs have came to check the unit and and all of them got a different part list that need to be replaced to fix this issue. Problem with this unit is that freezer is working perfect, fridge is not, temperature displayed is aroung 15 centigrades, and water dispenser is not working cause the water tanq is frozen. FAN also is not working , I guess it is iced up. Please if you have the service manual, it would be great support to me, my email; just in case: wotero@gmail.com

thanks in advance for your support.
William
tuxedo125  
#1464 Posted : Tuesday, February 14, 2012 11:13:15 AM(UTC)
tuxedo125

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
You are welcome. You probably did more job than it was necessarily to replace this part. You did not have to replace the wire harness and mess up with the water filter.

Anyway, you were able to fix it. Good job! I'm glad it's up and running.

I have a GE TFF24ZA frig making a high pitched noise. The noise stops when I disconnect
Clip - Harness Part Number: AP2058238 on left front corner of the freezer. What does Clip - Harness Part Number: AP2058238 feed so I can replace it? How dow I get to that part?

Thanks
Bill B
swallman  
#1465 Posted : Friday, February 17, 2012 7:07:44 PM(UTC)
swallman

We have an Amana abc2037dtb fridge with bottom freezer. Refrigerator is running warm and there appears to be frost on the back of the freezer. Assuming defrost isn't working, but ours has electronic controls I believe.

Are there different troubleshooting methods for ours ?

Thanks.
nikashash  
#1466 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2012 7:56:49 PM(UTC)
nikashash

Hi,
I am new to the forum but have similar issue of freezer working fine but fridge not being cool enough. The fridge is Fridgidaire frs23r4aw9. I actually called a technician and they asked to defrost the fridge overnight as there was frost on the back panel of the freezer and then fridge was fine...may be too fine and had freezing in the fridge. So the technician changed the control panel (with some difficulty)and also the temperature controls. Refrigerator worked fine for some days and now fridge section does not cool enough. There is frost on the back panel on the freezer. There is no blockage in the bottom vent from fridge to the freezer but foam seem to slightly broken at edges and frost visible on the coils in the freezer (this should be behind the back panel).

I have read quite a bit of the forum but not sure where the "defrost timer" is on my refrigerator as it does not show on the diagrams. Or is it part of the control panel which has already been replaced.

Would appreciate suggestions to fix this issue. Don't want to send otherwise fine equipment to landfill. Thanks
nikashash  
#1467 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2012 9:01:36 PM(UTC)
nikashash

Hi,
Frigidaire frs23r4aw9 is the model and I can't seem to find the defrost timer even in the diagrams. Is it part of the circuit board in the control panel in this refrigerator. I have same issue of fridge side not cooling enough though freezer is working just fine. There is frost in the back panel of the freezer. Should I change both the defrost thermostat and the heater? Or try one piece after another. Thanks.
nikashash  
#1468 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2012 12:28:18 PM(UTC)
nikashash

I am new to the forum but have similar issue of freezer working fine but fridge not being cool enough. The fridge is Fridgidaire frs23r4aw9. I actually called a technician and they asked to defrost the fridge overnight as there was frost on the back panel of the freezer and then fridge was fine...may be too fine and had freezing in the fridge. So the technician changed the control panel (with some difficulty)and also the temperature controls. Refrigerator worked fine for some days and now fridge section does not cool enough. There is frost on the back panel on the freezer. There is no blockage in the bottom vent from fridge to the freezer but foam seem to slightly broken at edges and frost visible on the coils in the freezer (this should be behind the back panel).

I have read quite a bit of the forum but not sure where the "defrost timer" is on my refrigerator as it does not show on the diagrams. Or is it part of the control panel which has already been replaced.

Would appreciate suggestions to fix this issue. Don't want to send otherwise fine equipment to landfill. Thanks
Gene  
#1469 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2012 1:59:07 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
There is no defrost timer in this refrigerator. The defrost cycle operates by the Adaptive Defrost Control board (#23 at the diagram).

It's not very easy to force the defrost, so it'll be more simple to test the defrost thermostat and the defrost heater (#21 & #14 at the diagram) for continuity first. The defrost thermostat must be ice-cold at the test time. If both parts tested OK, replace the ADC board.

- The defrost thermostat Part number: AP2150145
nikashash  
#1470 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2012 2:48:22 PM(UTC)
nikashash

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
There is no defrost timer in this refrigerator. The defrost cycle operates by the Adaptive Defrost Control board (#23 at the diagram).

It's not very easy to force the defrost, so it'll be more simple to test the defrost thermostat and the defrost heater (#21 & #14 at the diagram) for continuity first. The defrost thermostat must be ice-cold at the test time. If both parts tested OK, replace the ADC board.

- The defrost thermostat Part number: AP2150145
Part number: AP2150145

- The defrost heater Part number: AP2150169
Hi Gene,
Thank you. One basic question, how does one test for continuity considering that the heater is touching the coils and places in the middle of the coils. Do we need to take out the heater and thermostat completely. Can we just pull at the dark and blue wires to take out the thermostat and

Also, how does one take out the heater as that would perhaps entail taking out the coils. Would appreciate how continuity testing can be accomplished without opening up parts more than necessary.

Thanks