Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
diannepa  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 13, 2009 8:35:46 AM(UTC)
diannepa

Groups: Registered

need to replace the belt on my gas dryer,its won't spin
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kayakcrzy  
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 14, 2009 12:40:12 PM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

Let me help you out. First unplug the dryer. Then take the 2 screws off the bottom panel. and then on the bottom of the top panel on the right and left side, there will be a 5/16th screw. Remove them both, and then grab the bottom of the front panel and lift it out toward you, and when you get at a 45 degree angle the top will come out. Then take the wires off the door switch, and remember where they go. If you have a drum light, remove those 2 wires to, and then set the front aside. Now we have to take the blower housing assembly off. So on the right side of the front there will be a 5/16th screw about a foot down from the top on the right side, and another a foot below it on the right side, and then there will be 2 more screws on the left side in the same place. When you get those off, remove the whole assembly. You might want clean the blower area while you have it off. Then you can put your new belt around the drum, rib side down, and put it around the motor pully, and then around the idler pully, and then turn the drum by hand to be sure that it is on correctly. If I were you, I would pull the drum out before you put the new belt on, and check the 2 drum rollers, and the idler pully wheel, a make sure they spin freely. Tom ApplianceEducator.com