Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RobinKC  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 7, 2011 8:14:38 AM(UTC)
RobinKC

Groups: Registered

The tub/door gasket on my Kitchenaid dishwasher was replaced due to leaks (part # 8193942). Also replaced the pulleys and cords that attach to the door spring (part #8194001) due to one of the sides being broken.

Now the door won't stay latched.

After looking at similar issues on this forum, I replaced the door strike (part #8574157) and latch (part # 8193830).

Replacing the latch and strike made no difference.

It seems as if the door gasket is too thick. It is putting out a lot of resistance on the door. It was installed according to the instructions. If I take it out and install it backwards (wider edge of the gasket towards the outside), then the door closes just fine. But the gasket is not sealing properly and allows water to leak out.

So, what's the fix for this?

Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

PFD  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 6, 2011 10:55:57 PM(UTC)
PFD

I am having exactly the same problem. I have not yet dropped money on a new latch kit, but don't see that I should since it was latching fine with my old gasket. If you solve this, please let me know.
RobinKC  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 6, 2011 11:16:17 PM(UTC)
RobinKC

I believe my problem turned out to be bent hinges as a result of one of the counterbalance ropes breaking.

I'm not sure how the repairman fixed those, but they were not replaced. He was somehow able to bend them back into the proper position.
zumpa21  
#4 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2011 8:47:22 AM(UTC)
zumpa21

I have the same door issues.
It would be nice if correcting the hinges works.
Looksd like many have replaced the strike/latch and had no success
with that.
dvc66  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2011 5:54:49 PM(UTC)
dvc66

Bump. Same model~5 years old. Lights came on, no start. Tech replaced user interface. Worked, but door began popping open during rinse. Tech came back, now claims the tub liner swells and we will have to replace it, plus a couple of other things with little assurance this will be a long time fix. I guess I'm at total replacement threshold, but don't believe the approach by the tech's is smart. Any ideas?