Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
chkster  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 27, 2011 12:27:34 PM(UTC)
chkster

Groups: Registered

i was going to replace the selenoid on ice dispenser so i turned of fridge at circuit breaker (I did not want to roll out fridge and dent hardwood). I turned the breaker bk on (did not replace selenoid) and ther is a click... click noise and the fan in the freezer turns slightly with each click .. i did nothing to that part ..that i know of. What do you suggest..? I have had a non dispensing water dispenser for some time.. and ice dispenser is now giving problems.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richappy  
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2011 3:23:50 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
The motherboard in the back controls the auger motor and everything else including the compressor.
Pull the fridg out, remove the motherboard cover and verify the board is clicking, if so, replace the board AP4436216
chkster  
#3 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2011 10:28:01 AM(UTC)
chkster

Groups: Registered

After much searching on google i found a video, followed what it said...Checked voltage between 3 and 4pin, 3 and 4 pin, and 3 and 8 pin on J2 connector on motherboard. I am a novice. there was minimal current between 3 an 4and 3 and 5, 3 and 8 showed full 13vdc. Replaced board all is good.. love the internet..