Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

207 Pages«<125126127128129>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mikew66  
#1261 Posted : Sunday, June 19, 2011 7:43:50 PM(UTC)
mikew66

Groups: Registered

I posted this in another thread, but this thread also applies to my problem.
I am also having the same problems. I have a Kenmore 79579293900 fridge that is not even 2 years old. The freezer seems to be working fine, but the fridge is warm. Previously, I noticed that things in the fridge seemed a little warm, but later they would be cold. Now, items in the fridge are warm for the past 4 days. I took the freezer panel off and the coils only had a small amount of frost on them. I cleaned the condenser coils and that fan is working ok too.

Also, it seems like the fan in the freezer is constantly on. And when I unplug and plug it back in, it sounds like something turns on, maybe the compressor, for a few seconds and then turns off and does not come back on.

Thanks for your help.

Mike
paul6lopeez  
#1262 Posted : Sunday, June 19, 2011 10:56:24 PM(UTC)
paul6lopeez

Here having the same problem . I think evatuator has stop functioning. What should i do for these?

Magento Developers
dlmoorevmd  
#1263 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2011 5:26:21 AM(UTC)
dlmoorevmd

Hello, new to the forum but hope to get some help as clearly this is a huge problem for lots of people.
After cleaning bottom coils and defrosting for 12 hours, my freezer compartment continues to slowly build up frost on the back wall panel. Food has remained frozen although if left long enough, the frig compartment begins to warm up. After performing the control board troubleshooting test, the only non-normal was that the defrost thermostat is shorted. Additionally, I am unable to complete the Forced Defrost Test (control functions--compressor, defrost, evaporator fan--do not turn off).
Does this mean I need a new control board? Thanks. Debbie

dlmoorevmd  
#1264 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2011 8:04:34 AM(UTC)
dlmoorevmd

Thanks for the link; I was pretty sure it was the control board but just wanted to double check
Gene  
#1265 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2011 4:14:33 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: brgreen Go to Quoted Post
My Amana refrig is warm, freezer is fine. Model ARB9059CS. Manufacturer #PARB9059CSO. The coil was completely iced over.

Checked the defrost timer per instructions in original post. Didn't hear the sizzling sound.

Can you please:

1. Let me know if I should be replacing anything besides the defrost heater and defrost thermostat (I'm not really clear on how to check continuity and would rather just replace the proper parts). I'd rather replace anything recommended as opposed to running into this problem again; and
2. Confirm the proper part numbers for the defrost heater, defrost thermostat, and any other part I need?

Thanks!

If you would like to save some $$$ then it's better to check these parts for continuity. You will need a simple ohmmeter. The following article on our forum will explain in detail how to run a continuity test using either an analog meter or a digital meter - How To Check Continuity With Ohmmeter.

Otherwise you have to order all three parts.

- The defrost timer Part number: AP4077325
Part number: AP4077325

- The defrost heater Part number: AP4078863
Gene  
#1266 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2011 4:20:08 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: jpr11 Go to Quoted Post
Got it.
Can this be checked at the board or do I get to do my Superman impersonation with freezer disassembly one more time? :-)

The most reliable way to test the thermistor is to remove it from the refrigerator by cutting off the wires far enough to splice it back later and placing the thermistor in iced water for about 10 minutes. The normal reading in such situation should be about 16 Kohms.

Gene.
brgreen  
#1267 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2011 4:52:45 PM(UTC)
brgreen

Thanks, Gene. If I didn't hear the sizzling sound when I adjusted the defrost timer with the screwdriver, is it safe to assume that it doesn't need to be replaced?
Gene  
#1268 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2011 5:03:03 PM(UTC)
Gene

It is possible.

Gene.
brgreen  
#1269 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2011 6:14:53 PM(UTC)
brgreen

Hi Gene,
I going to replace my defrost heater on my Amana refrig. I have the new part; however, I'm having a hard time seeing how I install it. Do I need to remove the evaporator in order to replace the defrost heater? If so, how. If not, then how do I get the defrost heater in without some serious bending?
brgreen  
#1270 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2011 6:18:30 PM(UTC)
brgreen

Hi Gene,
I going to replace my defrost heater on my Amana refrig. I have the new part; however, I'm having a hard time seeing how I install it. Do I need to remove the evaporator in order to replace the defrost heater? If so, how. If not, then how do I get the defrost heater in without some serious bending?