Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

207 Pages«<124125126127128>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gene  
#1251 Posted : Monday, June 13, 2011 4:43:10 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
You are welcome Peter. Keep us posted.

Gene.
tomasz  
#1252 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2011 9:26:14 PM(UTC)
tomasz

Groups: Registered

Hello Gene , I ran into the same problem with my Kenmore S/S fridge , freezer and ice maker are cold but F/F compartment is warm .
,after further investigation I found that the air dumper stays closed all the time , so I unplugged the fridge from the wall then I plugged it back in , at that point air dumper opened for about 5 seconds then it closed right back even though the fridge was warm . As a temporary measure I unplugged the unit from the wall , then plugged it back in at that moment air dumper started oppening thats when I quickly unplugged air dumper motor cable to prevent it from fully closing .I know that this is not a permanent fix but at least for now it will keep our food cold until I figure out what is giving me a problem .
So my question is :
Is the air dumper faulty?
or Is the control board fried ?
or Is the fridge thermocouple ( thermometer ) faulty and sending wrong signal to air dumper ?
Can you help me with this one please
Thank you
I have Kenmore #106.56232400
Gene  
#1253 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2011 2:13:56 PM(UTC)
Gene

Perform the troubleshooting by running the Service Diagnostic mode as described in the attached Tech sheet. Post the results.

Gene.
File Attachment(s):
Wiring Sheet - 2261147.pdf (678kb) downloaded 56 time(s).
rileyj  
#1254 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2011 12:45:24 PM(UTC)
rileyj

[FONT="Times New Roman","serif"]I recentlypurchased a side by side Whirlpool refrigerator (mod. ED5GTNXMQ00) used and therefrigerator side has stopped working the way it should. When we noticed theproblem I researched it on another site and found out it could be either thedefrost timer, defrost heater, or the defrost thermostat. I pulled the backcover off on the freezer side and the coils had no visible ice buildup at all.Does this mean that the defrost system is operating correctly or could therestill be a problem with it? It worked fine for a few months and then itstopped. There aren’t any obstructions in front of the vents on either side. Ihave tested the continuity on all of the components of the defrost system andthe only one that had a problem was the defrost timer. From the directions Iwas given one or two should read zero and the other is infinity...when you turnthe screw it’s the opposite. All three of the terminals read infinity, but thedefrost timer is cycling back and forth like it’s supposed to...? Should it bereplaced? Thanks for reading...hopefully there is someone much smarter than Iam that can lend some knowledge.

Thanks,
James Smith
[/FONT]
jpr11  
#1255 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2011 4:17:07 PM(UTC)
jpr11

Hi Gene,
I hope you can help. I'm still struggling with this issue:

http://forum.appliancepartspros...erator-too-warm-110.html

My first question is, does the service sheet you link to above apply to this model? GE GSS22 SGMC BS, S#: SA 232808

This unit has no display of any kind and the sheet doesn't refer to codes displayed with simple indicator lights.

This morning I removed and tested the bi-metal switch. Cooled in a cup of ice water, I had full continuity. Warmed carefully with torch and it went infinite. Re-cooled and it closed. still 27 ohms across heater.

Compressor and condenser are clean and make a smooth hum.

On restart the freezer reaches 10 degrees within 15 or 20 minutes and the fridge side will recover to around 38 within another ten minutes. I'm guessing this gives a passing grade to the evap fan.

Is there a means to initiate a defrost cycle manually with this unit?

I'm getting really fast at defrosting this sweetheart, but there's better things to be doing for sure.

Thanks for your help; special place in the promised land for folks like you!
Gene  
#1256 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2011 4:51:47 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: jpr11 Go to Quoted Post
...My first question is, does the service sheet you link to above apply to this model? GE GSS22 SGMC BS, S#: SA 232808...

No, this tech sheet is for the Whirlpool refrigerator.

Regarding the defrost problem you may want to check the evaporator thermistor (on top of the evaporator). The table with thermistor values is attached to the reply. If the thermistor is good then the main control board is the culprit.

- The thermistor Part number: AP3185407
Part number: AP3185407

- The main control board Part number: AP4436216
Part number: AP4436216

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for General Electric GSS22SGMCBS Refrigerator | AppliancePartsPros.com
File Attachment(s):
Thermistor Values.doc (43kb) downloaded 8 time(s).
jpr11  
#1257 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2011 6:05:57 PM(UTC)
jpr11

Thank you sir!
I am however not seeing an attachment to the reply.
Gene  
#1258 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2011 6:22:29 PM(UTC)
Gene

Sorry. It's fixed.

Gene.
jpr11  
#1259 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2011 7:06:01 PM(UTC)
jpr11

Got it.
Can this be checked at the board or do I get to do my Superman impersonation with freezer disassembly one more time? :-)
brgreen  
#1260 Posted : Sunday, June 19, 2011 7:02:22 PM(UTC)
brgreen

My Amana refrig is warm, freezer is fine. Model ARB9059CS. Mfg #PARB9059CSO. The coil was completely iced over.

Checked the defrost timer per instructions in original post. Didn't hear the sizzling sound.

Can you please:

1. Let me know if I should be replacing anything besides the defrost heater and defrost thermostat (I'm not really clear on how to check continuity and would rather just replace the proper parts). I'd rather replace anything recommended as opposed to running into this problem again; and
2. Confirm the proper part numbers for the defrost heater, defrost thermostat, and any other part I need?

Thanks!