Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jeff / APP Team  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2011 12:32:31 PM(UTC)
Jeff / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Your welcome! Glad we could help!:) :)
Pittfan  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2011 6:31:28 AM(UTC)
Pittfan

Groups: Registered

Just wanted to place an update on this thread.

I received the water valve yesterday, and installed it as soon as I could. I first tested it running the tube in to a bucket, and it seemed to work perfectly. Ice cubes are being turned out left and right now. :) And, the wife couldn't be happier, so that means that I am happy.

The only thing that I am working with right now is adjusting the size of the cubes. Which is just a matter of time before I dial in on the right size. Just need to watch it for a few cycles.

Thanks for the help, and I am considering this current issue solved!
Jeff / APP Team  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2011 6:41:18 AM(UTC)
Jeff / APP Team

That's Great! Good job!:) :) :)
Pittfan  
#14 Posted : Monday, December 26, 2011 1:19:40 PM(UTC)
Pittfan

Hi all,

I wanted to place an update to this thread. I have owned this refrigerator for almost 4 years now (it came with the house which I purchase in Feb 2008). I know that the fridge is over 10 years old (as is the ice maker).

I am about to replace the water valve for the 4th time in under 3 years! The ice maker performs great, IF we fill the ice mold up with water ourselves. But, the water is not being pumped in to the ice mold from the water valve. The last 3 times that this has happened, purchasing a new water valve has corrected the situation, and it performs great. But over the last couple of weeks, I noticed that the filler tube froze up with ice. I removed it, unclogged it, and dried it up before reinstalling it.

Now no water is being pumped at all, and makes me feel like I need to yet again buy another water valve.....

Any ideas? The water valve cost about $20, so I don't want to have to do this very often. The last one I bought I think I purchased it about 4 months ago.....

Thanks!
Jason
Jeff / APP Team  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, December 27, 2011 5:37:48 AM(UTC)
Jeff / APP Team

Hello Pittfan. If the fill tube was freezing over, the water valve had a slow leak and will need to be replaced. Try putting an inline filter in front of the water valve to keep trash and sediment from the water line from entering the water valve. See if this helps the life of the water valve. Hope this helps.

Part number: AP3219862
Pittfan  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, December 28, 2011 11:55:55 AM(UTC)
Pittfan

Thanks for the tip. I just ordered both parts and should have them tomorrow. Someone at a parts store said that I should consider replacing the ice maker. I really don't see how this could help, since the problem really has nothing to do with the ice maker itself. Just the delivery of the water to the ice maker.

Hopefully the inline filter will increase the life span of the water valve. I asked at the parts store, and they told me that they have never heard of anyone having this many problems with the water valve.

Thanks!
Jason
Jeff / APP Team  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, December 28, 2011 11:59:02 AM(UTC)
Jeff / APP Team

Sounds Great Pittfan! It should not be the ice maker. Glad we could help!!
Pittfan  
#18 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 3:04:10 PM(UTC)
Pittfan

My ice maker was overfilling with water. I came home one day, and water was running in to my garage! I thought that somehow the ice maker had gone bad, so I bought a new one.

No luck. The water comes out in a trickle to fill the ice mold, but it only fills it about 20% full.... I adjust the screw a very small amount, to fill the ice mold more, and it overfills the ice mold, and down in to the ice bucket.... So, I have to adjust the screw back down to stop it from having all of the water drain in to the bucket. The ice maker cycles, but the water amount is the current issue.

I have also just replaced the water valve, as that has been the problem several times with this refrigerator. Could the problem be low water pressure? Not exactly sure how I could test that, but it does seem low, and it does have a longer run to come from under the sink to the ice maker.

It just seems like the ice maker stops calling for water too soon. I adjust the screw, and then it "over calls" for water. Almost like the timer is bad.

Thanks!
Jason
Pittfan  
#19 Posted : Friday, April 12, 2013 4:26:42 AM(UTC)
Pittfan

This morning, my wife came to me and said "Water is flowing in to the ice bucket again"......

Yesterday, I adjusted the screw ever so slightly, to increase the size of the ice cubes. There just seems to be this very fine line between setting the adjustment to getting a little bit of water delivered to the ice mold, to where the water constantly runs, and then overflows the ice bucket....

Frustrated.....

Thanks!
Jason