Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
PhantomLord  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2008 5:43:44 PM(UTC)
PhantomLord

Groups: Registered

I have a Kenmore Ultra Fabric Care 1 washer. Heavy duty ,..extra capacity plus,... 80 Series,...Stock # 25822,.. Model # 110,...Serial Number CE3117599.

It works great !!! It just wont spin. The water will drain from the washer via the pump,...and it washes and rinses just fine. I have never had a problem with it. Then I started having an issue where I would put laundry in ,...and come back to finish it,.. and the thing would still be full of water. I noticed that if I pushed on the lid a little it would work. As soon as I would let go ,... it would stop again. So ,... being the genius I believe I am,... I stuck a pencil eraser between the lid switch and the body of the washer, lol. It has worked fine until today. Now even when I activate the switch by hand,....
it will drain the water,... but the basket does not spin and the clothes are still soaked. This has become a real annoyance. Lid switch problem?? Or is it worse than I wanna know?? It washes and everything else it should do ,.. works like a charm,.. no noises or funny electrical smell,... so I have assumed it isnt the motor. Possibly a belt?? Don't know for sure,.. and I only have like two days ta fix this,....because I just sold it,... and now the guy is pissed. Please ,... please help me,...I really cannot afford to take this as a loss !!!:( :eek: :mad:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

libertyappl  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2008 5:53:22 PM(UTC)
libertyappl

Groups: Senior Expert

Can you post your entire model number there should be 8 numbers after the 110.(which means it's made by Whirlpool)
Nat
PhantomLord  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2008 6:40:59 PM(UTC)
PhantomLord

ummm,... thas all I saw on the tag,...located just inside at the back of the basket housing if you lift the lid up. I will call about getting it,... but is there somewhere else it might be,??? its very unlike me to miss something like that. I will call him tonight and see if I can git an answer for you soon. Thanks for the quick response.
libertyappl  
#4 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2008 6:50:34 PM(UTC)
libertyappl

The lid switch can be bypassed too.....not recommeded if there are small children though
PhantomLord  
#5 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2008 6:51:02 PM(UTC)
PhantomLord

i believe the # you are lookin for is 92582220,... let me know if that helps,.....i am kind of relying on the guy that bought it from me,.... cause its at his house,... not mine. Thanks again,.. 'preciate it.
PhantomLord  
#6 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2008 6:55:48 PM(UTC)
PhantomLord

How should i go about doing that,... no small children in household,... but once it is bypassed ,.. can i put it back if thas not the problem,... or did i just ruin a perfectly good switch,??lol.
libertyappl  
#7 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2008 7:02:07 PM(UTC)
libertyappl

Just clip the wires (leave long enough to replace later if need be) tape the white & gray wires together, the green is the ground.
Nat
PhantomLord  
#8 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2008 7:06:49 PM(UTC)
PhantomLord

i am guessing the ground just needs to be attached to the frame somehow then,... and could it be anything else??? Or does it sound like this is the problem to you??
About how much do one of these things run??
libertyappl  
#9 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2008 7:07:28 PM(UTC)
libertyappl

The part number is AP3094500, $24.32 from this site. If want to go that route.
libertyappl  
#10 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2008 7:09:21 PM(UTC)
libertyappl

If you can push on the lid switch and lid to get it going that's pretty much got to be the problem. Depending on how much you sold the thing for as to what you're willing to do for this guy......