Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

207 Pages«<96979899100>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gene  
#971 Posted : Tuesday, July 27, 2010 6:44:12 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mloborny Go to Quoted Post
Gene, re: the warm fridge cold freezer you were assisting me with. You referred me to page 3 for instructions. We found that the heater is definitely bad, and I am now trying to check the defrost thermostat. It has zero ohms at room temperature. Is it supposed to be open or closed at room temp? My model was GE GSS22JFMDCC

This thermostat is not a real defrost thermostat like in most refrigerators. This is overheating safety thermostat which should prevent damage to a plastic freezer parts in case if the defrost cycle would not stop properly. I do not remember it's exact temperature range, but it is possible it stays closed at the room temperature.

Gene.
jeffrey_benjamin  
#972 Posted : Tuesday, July 27, 2010 8:51:17 PM(UTC)
jeffrey_benjamin

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: poliepolie Go to Quoted Post
Any idea of what the avergae cost of such repair would be?
Sears wants $75 just for coming out or $252 for 1 year extended warranty (of service and repairs). They won't tell me the cost of fixing a leak and refilling the refrigerant.

I would take Gene's advice & call a local repair tech;)
J &amp; M's Dad  
#973 Posted : Thursday, July 29, 2010 5:50:08 PM(UTC)
J & M's Dad

Originally Posted by: J & M's Dad Go to Quoted Post
Ah, thank you . As soon as I read your reply (2 min ago) I set the freezer setting to the warmest setting. We'll see in 24 hours.

I appreciate the very quick reply! :-)

FOLLOW-UP: Sorry this reply is late but the temperature for both the freezer and refrigerator is where they should be. Who would have thought that turning the freezer control warmer would cool down the refrigerator.

My sincere thanks Gene for all your help :)
The fix didn't cost me a single dime :D
poliepolie  
#974 Posted : Thursday, July 29, 2010 8:04:14 PM(UTC)
poliepolie

Originally Posted by: jeffrey_benjamin Go to Quoted Post
I would take Gene's advice & call a local repair tech;)

The only local guy is not able to figure out what is wrong- small community, not too many qualified technicians available- thinks we should take the Sears 252 deal... I really need the fridge working!
Will keep you posted of any other developments.
jeffrey_benjamin  
#975 Posted : Friday, July 30, 2010 6:52:47 AM(UTC)
jeffrey_benjamin

The only local guy is not able to figure out what is wrong- small community, not too many qualified technicians available- thinks we should take the Sears 252 deal... I really need the fridge working!
Will keep you posted of any other developments.

Did he put his guages on the system to check the pressures? That is the first thing he " HAS " to do.If not to be safe & protected try Sears. I would think there must be someone closeby to check it. I'am in the Caribbean if Sears can do it give me a holla.:D TRINIDAD & TOBAGO
poliepolie  
#976 Posted : Friday, July 30, 2010 7:18:06 PM(UTC)
poliepolie

Did he put his guages on the system to check the pressures? That is the first thing he " HAS " to do.If not to be safe & protected try Sears. I would think there must be someone closeby to check it. I'am in the Caribbean if Sears can do it give me a holla.:D TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Tahoe... a little too far. We found a semi local technician (up here once a week) that figured out today that the condenser motor is the problem, the fan works sporadically and the sides and back of unit become extremely hot to the touch. should be fixed by next week- thanks to everybody that helped me out.
P
jeffrey_benjamin  
#977 Posted : Saturday, July 31, 2010 2:05:46 AM(UTC)
jeffrey_benjamin

Tahoe... a little too far. We found a semi local technician (up here once a week) that figured out today that the condenser motor is the problem, the fan works sporadically and the sides and back of unit become extremely hot to the touch. should be fixed by next week- thanks to everybody that helped me out.
P

Hi to verify that condition place a house fan behind ref to cool the comp.& condenser & check result pl. keep me posted jeffrey_benjamin:confused:
s14akouki  
#978 Posted : Monday, August 16, 2010 1:08:04 PM(UTC)
s14akouki

i have a whirlpool ED25QFXHW02 25.2 cu feet. side by side refrigerator. the freezer side works perfect, the refridgerator section is not as cold as it normally is. i checked the knobs and it still turns the fan on and off. it blows air but not to much of it. also, there is a little bit of water drip where the air vent is on the top of the interior of the refridgerator. i was wondering what i can do to fix this? thank you i already did what you said to do on the first page and that was to check the defrost timer it turned back on in about 15 minutes and the freezer continued to be cold but nothings changes for the refrigerator side. as for the part where you mentioned checking continuity i don't know where i'm supposed to check exactly, please point me to the right direction someone. need my fridge working asap thank you!
Gene  
#979 Posted : Monday, August 16, 2010 3:32:26 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: s14akouki Go to Quoted Post
i have a whirlpool ED25QFXHW02 25.2 cu feet. side by side refrigerator. the freezer side works perfect, the refridgerator section is not as cold as it normally is. i checked the knobs and it still turns the fan on and off. it blows air but not to much of it. also, there is a little bit of water drip where the air vent is on the top of the interior of the refridgerator. i was wondering what i can do to fix this? thank you i already did what you said to do on the first page and that was to check the defrost timer it turned back on in about 15 minutes and the freezer continued to be cold but nothings changes for the refrigerator side. as for the part where you mentioned checking continuity i don't know where i'm supposed to check exactly, please point me to the right direction someone. need my fridge working asap thank you!

This is a duplicated post.

Answered here: http://forum.appliancepartspros...zer-fine.html#post257797

Gene.
poliepolie  
#980 Posted : Tuesday, August 17, 2010 9:42:31 AM(UTC)
poliepolie

Hi to verify that condition place a house fan behind ref to cool the comp.& condenser & check result pl. keep me posted jeffrey_benjamin:confused:

The fan was the culprit. It is fixed and working fine. thanks for all your help.
p