Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

207 Pages«<8788899091>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kcstoy  
#881 Posted : Monday, June 21, 2010 5:43:46 AM(UTC)
kcstoy

Groups: Registered

dThanks, I did go ahead and thaw it out on Friday and cleaned everything out and plugged it back in on Saturday. Fridge is working great now, if there is a problem with the defrost system is it a matter of time before everything frosts over again or is it possible I could have overpacked the freezer or accidently left the door open causing it to frost and give me the problems. Even though fridge is cold again we will be keeping a close eye on it and not stocking up on lots of food anytime soon.

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Looks like there is a problem with the defrost system in your refrigerator. You can find more useful information on the third page of this thread.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for General Electric GSS25WGPABB Refrigerator | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
Gene  
#882 Posted : Monday, June 21, 2010 10:13:45 AM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: marktu Go to Quoted Post
...When I’d performed the self-diagnostic self check, I’d received a refrigerator fan error (segment 4 on the fridge temp section). Does this mean that I need to replace the fan motor?...

Hi Mark,

Sounds like the problem is a bad fan motor.

- The fan motor Part number: AP4136569
marktu  
#883 Posted : Monday, June 21, 2010 10:28:09 AM(UTC)
marktu

Gene,

Thank you for the expeditious response. Is there a way to test the fan motor? If I recalled properly, the harness had three wires. Is one wire hot, neutral and ground? Do you have any schematics on what the wiring scheme should be on the fan to run a quick resistance check? What is the sequence for the fan to operate? Is it suppose to be on at all times?

As for the heater, it seems that alot of people have bad heaters. Could I still have a bad heater? When does the heater suppose to come on? Does it require the thermistor reading an equivalent temp reading on the evap line to be 40Fish before it will trigger a complete circuit to allow the heating element to heat up.

Would you suggest that I test the heater by cutting the thermal fuse out of the loop and rewiring and seeing if the heater warms up to really confirm if the heating element is working?
Gene  
#884 Posted : Monday, June 21, 2010 10:38:32 AM(UTC)
Gene

You already tested the heater and it seems good.

The manufacturer troubleshooting instructions required to run the self diagnosis test. The result you posted shows a bad fan motor and we should go from there, especially because a bad fan motor will definitely cause frost built up on the coils.

Gene.
marktu  
#885 Posted : Monday, June 21, 2010 12:35:51 PM(UTC)
marktu

Ok. I've just placed the order for the fan motor. Thanks for your help again.

Mark
Gene  
#886 Posted : Monday, June 21, 2010 12:43:57 PM(UTC)
Gene

You are welcome Mark. Keep us posted.

Gene.
woodhome  
#887 Posted : Tuesday, June 22, 2010 2:09:44 PM(UTC)
woodhome

These are all the symptoms my Amana ARS8267BB has. I've already gone as far as to remove the panel in the back of the freezer and I could see the heavy frost build-up. The refrigerator got very cold and froze my nectarines just before it warmed up. Before I blame the defrost system though, I want to see if there is some way I can blame my children. Is there any quick way to tell for sure that the problem wasn't caused by a faulty door gasket or by the door being blocked slightly ajar for a period of time? (Besides examining by electric bill)

Jeff
Gene  
#888 Posted : Tuesday, June 22, 2010 7:15:50 PM(UTC)
Gene

Jeff,

The easiest way is to manually defrost it and keep it under control.

Gene.
woodhome  
#889 Posted : Tuesday, June 22, 2010 8:45:30 PM(UTC)
woodhome

Thanks, Gene. This unit seems to have a circuit board on the refrigerator side that controls defrosting. I'm going to plug things back in (after we finsh cleaning it) and hope for the best. If in fact, the circuit board or heater aren't comming on, should the frost buildup be obvious within a day or two, or is it liable to take longer to test this way?
Gene  
#890 Posted : Tuesday, June 22, 2010 9:39:05 PM(UTC)
Gene

It depends on many things. Usually it takes 2 to 7 days.

Gene.